Domestic Abuse Support Service Market Engagement Event 15 December 2020
The service will be offering preventative action and support to those experiencing domestic abuse, their families, and perpetrators of domestic abuse as well as collaborating with services that work with these client groups.
United Kingdom-Wokingham: Health and social work services
Social and other specific services – public contracts
Prior information notice
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: Civic Offices, Shute End
NUTS code: UKJ11 Berkshire
Postal code: RG40 1BN
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Natasha Jones
Main address: http://www.wokingham.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://procontract.due-north.com/Opportunities/Index?p=679bb2ba-7898-4a4c-b4e3-c8eb6a07a3dc&v=2
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
Domestic Abuse Support Service Market Engagement Event
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
This prior information notice is advertised regarding an upcoming market engagement event to inform our design of a service to support residents of Wokingham Borough Council who are experiencing or at risk of domestic abuse.
The service will be offering preventative action and support to those experiencing domestic abuse, their families, and perpetrators of domestic abuse as well as collaborating with services that work with these client groups. All the services will be community based.
The service will be offering a range of support in three areas:
• prevention, awareness raising and workforce development;
• crisis support and safety planning;
• breaking the cycle of abuse.
The new contract start date is anticipated to be during July 2021.
WBC will host a market engagement event virtually on Tuesday 15 December 10.00-13.00. Organisations wishing to participate should submit an expression of interest by 23.59, Friday 11 December 2020 via the ProContract Portal.
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The service being procured will be offering a range of support in three areas:
1) Prevention, awareness raising and workforce development:
• training regarding domestic abuse; providing training and support to G.P’s and health professionals in the Wokingham Borough;
• development of front line worker confidence when managing a case involving domestic abuse within the Wokingham Borough;
• publish and advertise services;
• healthy relationship education in schools;
2) Crisis support and safety planning:
• advice and support for victims and survivors of domestic abuse; safety planning for victims and survivors of domestic abuse including young people and children;
• support planning at point of crisis; proactive engagement with hard to engage service users; support through criminal justice process and accessing legal advice;
• referring to the reading sanctuary scheme;
3) Breaking the cycle of abuse:
• ongoing support to those who have experienced abuse to help break cycle of abuse, including working in partnership with other services;
• perpetrator programme;
• direct working with children and young people who are or have been living in a household with abuse;
• resettlement support.
It is anticipated that the contract will be let for a 5 years term with a potential extension of up to 2 years subject to good performance.
Service scope includes:
• proactive signposting to relevant local organisations;
• supporting local organisations to effectively support domestic abuse victims, survivors and their families;
• adapting to local need for service delivery; and
• work with the domestic abuse strategy group to manage local priorities and resources.
II.3)Estimated date of publication of contract notice:
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: