EAP Services Contract
The FCA is seeking to identify a EAPA registered provider, for a period of three years.
Open opportunity – This means that the contract is currently unfulfilled but active, and the buying department is looking for potential suppliers to contact them with bid applications.
- Guidance and counselling services – 85312300
Location of contract
Value of contract
£100k – £500k
31 July 2019
29 August 2019
Contract start date
25 September 2019
Contract end date
24 September 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The FCA is seeking to identify a EAPA registered provider, for a period of three years, with an option to extend for a further year, to provide high quality and competitively priced EAP services.
This will include:
– 24/7/365 confidential telephone support;
– Legal information services;
– Debt management services;
– Triage and clinical assessment of needs (inclusive of a risk assessment);
– Computerised Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (cCBT);
– Access to limited support for dependants within HMRC guidelines;
– Short-term solution focused structured face to face, on¬line and telephonic counselling (session model varies de¬pending on providers and client requirements);
– Case management protocols;
– Management information reporting;
– Management consultancy and support;
– Marketing and promotional materials;
– Crisis support;
– Technological resources such as an online portal website or mobile application; and
– Access to training (emotional wellbeing, trauma and crisis management).
About the buyer
12 Endeavour Square
Please follow this link to view the notice.
The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.