Economic Assessment Contract – Cornwall
Falmouth University requires the services of a consultant to undertake a new piece of work to assess its impact on the economy of Cornwall.
Provision of Economic Impact Assessment for Falmouth University
FALMOUTH EXETER PLUS
- Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security – 79000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£25,000 to £30,000
21 July 2020
21 August 2020
Contract start date
5 October 2020
Contract end date
5 October 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Falmouth University requires the services of a consultant to undertake a new piece of work to assess its impact on the economy of Cornwall. The successful tenderer will demonstrate the proposed methodology for quantifying Falmouth University and relevant FX Plus activity’s impact on the local economy, using measures including but not limited to:
• The economic activity directly generated by Falmouth University and associated FX Plus activity.
• The activity supported by the University’s staff and those employed in its direct supply chain.
• The employment and activity that is supported through the university’s supply chain, as a result of its purchasing of goods and services from local suppliers.
• The wider benefits of the university’s activities, including:
o Local spending by Falmouth Univeristy’s students and those that visit them
o Capital expenditure undertaken by the University and FX Plus
o Student and staff consultancy activity
o IP income generated by the University
o Economic activity generated by the University’s graduate spin-off companies, staff start-ups, business support, knowledge exchange/transfer activities, including the impact on human capital.
• Although the focus for this economic impact assessment is to measure the University’s impact on the local economy, Falmouth has expanded its online course provision and is increasingly working with national partners to develop and enhance its offer to students. The successful tenderer is therefore expected to provide a high-level assessment of the University’s economic impact at a national level.
About the buyer
- 1557 Falmouth Economic Impact Assessment REV_01.docx
- Tender Notice
- Bidding documents
- e-TENDERING PORTAL
c. The complete ITT should be uploaded in a common electronic format such as PDF, Word, Excel or PowerPoint), including technical literature via the procurement portal https://in-tendhost.co.uk/universityofexeter/aspx/Home.
ITT made available to Bidders
Monday 20 July 2020.
Date by which Bidders will need to submit clarifications (if raised) Wednesday 19 August 2020 at 12.00pm mid-day.
Deadline for receipt of Tender
Friday 21 August 2020 at 12.00pm mid-day.
Shortlisted bidders stage 2 notified By
Monday 07 September 2020.
Stage 2 presentation
Week commencing 21 September 2020.
Preferred bidder chosen (subject to contract)
By Wednesday 30 September 2020.
Contract Start By Monday 05 October 2020.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.