Effective Service Redesign Training (PAN0342)
This workshop will form one module of our Leicester Leader offer to provide managers with knowledge and/or skills to equip them to fulfil their role.
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||22/08/2013|
|Est. End Date:||21/08/2016|
Leicester City Council wishes to appoint a training provider to deliver an Effective Service Redesign Training.
This workshop will form one module of our Leicester Leader offer to provide managers with knowledge and/or skills to equip them to fulfil their role. Current modules already available to managers include managing change, communicating with persuasion & influence, controlling difficult leadership situations, emotional intelligence, six thinking hats & wicked problems.
We envisage this workshop will equip managers with tools and techniques to enable them to plan how their service is provided with some reference to Business Process Engineering however we are not looking for a purely systems driven approach.
– Efficiency saving is giving way to whole service redesign
– The ‘salami slicing’ approach will not offer the solution to the level of savings required by the organisation
– Managers in Leicester City Council are facing challenges on many levels to find efficient and cost-effective ways of providing ‘customer-centric’ services
– Managers are required to lead their staff to deliver services in a different way
– Managers will adopt a strategic approach to deciding how best to provide their service
– Following the event, managers will recognise and embrace the culture change needed to deliver service transformation
– Managers will have the confidence to make difficult decisions balancing customer expectations and available resources
– Managers will be able to identify innovative ways of providing services which engage staff in the process
– Managers will have tools provided that they can apply in the workplace to support them in planning and communicating how their service should be provided
Expectations of Provider
– Have delivered similar programmes in the Public Sector
– Provide challenging case studies based on own experience or work with clients
– Deliver and tailor to senior management across a wide range of services
– Be practical, interactive and ‘real’ not over relying on theory but supporting managers to plan and manage the process in an accessible manner not reliant on any one systems approach
Directors & Senior Managers
We recognise that to gain maximum impact the approach for Directors may be different to that required by the managers and we are open to suggestions as to how this could be achieved.
One day (anticipating 6 events from October 2013 to February 2015)
Leicester City Council to provide
To be provided by the supplier, available in printed and electronic format
Submissions should include:
– A course plan, including content, samples of materials and methods of delivery
– A short profile of the presenter(s) who will be delivering the training, including experience in this field
– Design and delivery costs
– Travel, meals and accommodation costs, where applicable
– Two references
– Insurance certificates (see Training Providers Agreement below)
Interview Date: Thursday 8th August 2013
(We would expect to meet the person delivering the events if required)
Contract Length: The contract allows for repeat commissions within a 3 year period with options to extend for +1 + 1 years at the sole discretion of the Council.
Training Providers Agreement: You must ensure you are able to meet the requirements in the attached Training Providers Agreement as the successful supplier will be required to sign it when the contract is agreed
If you are interested in the work please complete the quotation form (link to the document is below) and return to email@example.com in order to be considered for this work.
Only quotations on the form below will be accepted. However, any supporting documents will be considered.
This should be returned by 5.00pm on Monday 22nd July at the very latest.
Organisations are asked to regularly check this opportunity on Source Leicestershire for any updates. Any advertised opportunity might be updated or removed at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances.
Applicants should note that due to the technicality of the software package being used to create this advert, this Opportunity will become “invisible” at midnight, Sunday 21st July Applicants are therefore requested to save all documentation relating to this Opportunity locally.
These documents are for information only. Please follow instructions for registration and receipt of full tender/quotation documentation.
- PAN0342 – Request for Quotation – Effective Service Redesign Training(doc) 135.5 KB
- PAN0342 – Evaluation document(docx) 14.73 KB
- PAN0342 – Training Providers Agreement Apr 13(doc) 485.5 KB
|Contract Type||One off|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences, Management,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
Punit Modi 0116 252 8911
New Walk Centre,
Leicester LE1 6ZG