Electrical Works Greater Manchester
PACKAGE A Electrical Works in Connection With Schools Planned Maintenance Programme.
- Bury Council
- 12329 PACKAGE A Electrical Works in Connection With Schools Planned Maintenance Programme 2013/14 (DERBY, HIGHER LANE, HOLLINS, ELTON & SUNNYBANK) on behalf of Bury Council
- 12329A WORKS PACKAGE A – BURY COUNCIL INVITES TENDERS FROM SUITABLE CONTRACTORS FOR PART OF THE 2013/14 SCHOOL PLANNED MAINTENANCE PROGRAMME. THIS PACKAGE COMPRISES WORKS IN CONNECTION WITH EXISTING ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS AND ASBESTOS RELATED WORKS (THIS IS ONE OF FOUR WORKS PACKAGES)
Bury Council is to appoint up to four suitable mechanical / electrical contractors to carry out the 2013/14 school planned maintenance M&E programme. The M&E planned maintenance programme is divided into four contract packages, a mechanical contractor is to be appointed for this package (Package C), mechanical contractors are also to be appointed for work packages C and D. An electrical contractor is to be appointed for package A.
Please note that a contractor questionnaire must be completed and returned with the tenders. For contractors to be appointed to any of the packages, they must first meet the following minimum criteria :
1. Proximity of contractor base to the works to allow 1 hour emergency response time
2. Acceptable health & safety accreditation ie recognised by SSIP
3. The company holds NICEIC registration (for package A) and Gas Safe registration (for packages B,C & D)
4. Directly employed staff hold recognised certification / qualifications
5. The average annual turnover from the past 2 years exceeds £1m (for package A) and exceeds (£1.5m for packages B,C & D)
6. The contractors have experience of working in schools and the public sector
7. The contractors have successfully completed contracts in excess of £100k
8. Satisfactory references can be provided from school and public sector clients
9. Sufficient insurance provision for public liability and employer’s liability (£5m).
PLEASE NOTE THAT TENDERS CAN ONLY BE CONSIDERED FROM CONTRACTORS WHO PROVIDE A COMPLETED CONTRACTOR APPRAISAL QUESTIONNAIRE FORM AND WHO MEET / EXCEED THE ABOVE CRITERIA
The four contract packages have been uploaded to the CHEST separately and are identified as follows :
12329A – Tender for contract Package A – Electrical and Asbestos Works to 5nr schools on behalf of Bury Council to be carried out by an electrical contractor
12329B – Tender for contract Package B – Mechanical and Asbestos Works to 3nr schools onbehalf of Bury Council to be carried out by a mechanical contractor
12329C – Tender for contract Package C – Mechanical and Asbestos Works to 4nr schools on behalf of Bury Council to be carried out by a mechanical contractor
12329D – Tender for contract Package D – Mechanical, Electrical and Asbestos Works to 3nr schools on behalf of Bury Council to be carried out by a mechanical contractor
An electrical contractor is defined as a contracting organisation which is a member of NICEIC and directly employs a minimum of 2nr approved electricians.
A mechanical contractor is defined as a contracting organisation which is Gas Safe registered and directly employs a minimum of 2nr Gas Safe registered individuals and directly employs a minimum of 10nr qualified pipe fitters.
Please note that electrical contractors are only allowed to bid for contract Package A. Mechanical contractors can submit tenders for any or all of Packages B, C and D, however, no more than 2 contract packages will be awarded to a single mechanical contractor.
- Mr Chris Kalupa
- Email Address:
- 0161 253 5859
- 3 Knowsley Place, Level 2
- 05/06/2013 15:30
- 19/06/2013 17:00
- 2 (months)
- 0 (months)