Employee Assistance Programme for Police Scotland
The Contractor will deliver an effective and modern EAP service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to Police Scotland. However, use of this service is not mandatory and Police Scotland does not guarantee volumes.
United Kingdom-Glasgow: Guidance and counselling services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Scottish Police Authority
173 Pitt Street
Contact point(s): Procurement Department
For the attention of: Jonathan Barr
G2 4JS Glasgow
Telephone: +44 1415326903
Fax: +44 1415326907
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.spa.police.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA19762
Electronic access to information: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Coverage for entire Police Scotland area.
NUTS code UKM
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Service shall comprise a direct, confidential and unlimited access to a 24 hour free phone counselling and information helpdesk as well as other accessible formats as appropriate.
The EAP service that Police Scotland requires is:
— Worksite focused programmes to assist in the identification and resolution of employee concerns which affect, or may affect, performance. Such employee concerns typically include, but are not limited to:
— Personal matters — health, relationships, family, financial, emotional, legal, anxiety, alcohol, drugs and other related issues;
— Work matters — work demands, working relationships, personal and interpersonal skills, work/life balance, stress and other related issues.
The main services shall comprise but not be limited to the following component parts, and shall be provided as follows:
— Telephone Counselling Service;
— Information Service;
— Face-to-face Counselling Sessions;
— Referral Procedures;
— Onward Referral Procedures.
The service will provide a programme of support, advice, information and short term counselling assessing the individual’s needs and providing the most appropriate therapeutic interventions to ensure that Police Scotland requirements are met.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=321912
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available athttp://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT: 190 000 GBP
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: There is the option for one additional 12 month extension.
II.2.3)Information about renewals
Number of possible renewals: 1
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
All prices on the Tender must be in Sterling and all payments made to the successful Tenderer will also be in Sterling.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
As detailed in the ITT document.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: As detailed in the ITT document.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
As detailed in the ITT document.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
As detailed in the ITT document.
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
Reference to the relevant law, regulation or administrative provision: As detailed within the ITT.
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 20.11.2014 – 13:00
Police Scotland, 173 Pitt St, Glasgow, G2 4JS.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: Approximately 2-3 years.
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: