End of Life Co-Ordinated Service Northamptonshire
Co-ordination of End of Life Services for Northamptonshire.
United Kingdom-Northampton: Health and social work services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
Francis Crick House, Moulton Park
For the attention of: Chris Horrocks
NN3 6BF Northampton
Telephone: +44 7771981515
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Body governed by public law
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
NHS Nene and NHS Corby – End of Life Co-Ordinated Service.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Northamptonshire.
NUTS code UKF23
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
Co-ordination of End of Life Services for Northamptonshire
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): no
II.1.9)Information about variants
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit on behalf of NHS Nene and NHS Corby Clinical Commissioning groups (The CCGs) are inviting suitably qualified and experienced providers to submit prequalification documents, and if invited, tenders for a contract, which will involve working with the CCGs and current providers, to co-ordinate End of Life services around the individual, introduce appropriate innovations, and ensure that the care pathways are effective and make use of the appropriate resources.
The contract will be for a period of 24 months where the intention is to establish a local evidence base and identify the gains and any possible innovations to the End of Life Service which can be achieved from this approach.
Providers are advised that there will be a bidder event on 10.10.2013.
If you wish to attend the bidder event please contact Chris Horrocks at Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit, firstname.lastname@example.org
To express your interest in participating in the PQQ stage and to access the documentation, please register your organisation on the Bravo website: www.emprocurenhs.bravosolution.co.uk after the 30.9.2013. PQQ reference is pqq_28984.
Closing date for the PQQ is 20.10.2013 at 05:00.
II.2.2)Information about options
II.2.3)Information about renewals
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
See PQQ Documentation.
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
The Contracting Authority reserves the right to require groupings of contractors to take a particular legal form or to require one party to undertake primary legal liability or to require that each party undertakes joint and several liability.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender~:
1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once):
– Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://emprocurenhs.bravosolution.co.uk
and click the link to register:
– Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’.
– Enter your correct business and user details.
– Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete.
– You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure).
2. Express an Interest in the tender:
– Login to the portal with the username/password.
– Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier.)
– Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content.
– Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page.
– This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only.)
– You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box.
3. Responding to the tender:
– Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining).
– You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification.
– Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT.
– There may be a mixture of online and offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available). You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Envisaged number of operators: 6
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
GEMCSU-EOL-CH09 – pqq28984
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
20.10.2013 – 17:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
The Contracting Authority intends to use an eTendering system in this procurement exercise and reserves the right to use a reverse auction.
The services to which this notice relates fall within Part B of Schedule 3, Part 10 of the Public Services Contracts Regulations 2006 (as amended) (the Regulations). Neither the publication of this notice nor the employment of any particular terminology nor any other indication shall be taken to mean that the contracting authority(ies) intend to hold themselves bound by any of the Regulations save those applicable to Part B services.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:25.9.2013