Executive Search Services Tender – Tideway, London
Search and selection, of either interim or permanent, senior level and executive roles.
United Kingdom-London: Recruitment services
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
I.1)Name and addresses
Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane
Telephone: +44 2039346058
NUTS code: UKI
Section II: Object
Executive Search Services
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The successful tenderer will be responsible for the search and selection, of either interim or permanent, senior level and executive roles. These roles will include Board Directors and Independent Non-Executive Director (INED) candidates for Tideway, as well as senior Heads of Department.
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
Tideway wishes to ensure that individuals appointed at executive Board level or other senior executive positions posses the right combination of experience, leadership, cultural fit and technical skills to perform these roles. These executive positions may be permanent or interim Directors, Non-Executive Directors or Heads of Department.
In order to meet these objectives, Tideway wish to partner with an Executive Search firm who are able to provide candidates of the highest calibre, provide a first-rate client and candidate experience and deliver value for money for Tideway.
Tideway requires an Executive Search partner who can demonstrate extensive experience of executive placements in large, top tier and high performing organisations.
II.2.7)Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Further periods of up to 48 months, renewal at sole discretion of Tideway.
II.2.9)Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
Applicants are referred to the PQP and Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (“PQQ”) for information on Tideway’s criteria for choosing applicants to be invited to tender for this contract. Tideway expects to select only the top 5 applicants to tender for this contact, however Tideway reserves the right in its absolute discretion to invite to tender fewer or greater than 5 on the basis described in the PQP.
II.2.10)Information about variants
II.2.11)Information about options
Applicants should be aware that Tideway reserves the right to extend the term of this contract by a period of up 48 months, making a maximum aggregate contract period of 8 years.
II.2.13)Information about European Union funds
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1.1)Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Applicants are referred to the PQP and PQQ for information about conditions for participation.
III.1.2)Economic and financial standing
Selection criteria as stated in the procurement documents.
III.1.3)Technical and professional ability
III.1.4)Objective rules and criteria for participation
Applicants are referred to the PQP and PQQ for information about Tideway’s objective rules and criteria for participation in the contract.
III.1.6)Deposits and guarantees required:
Tideway reserves the right to require guarantees, bonds, collateral warranties (potentially including the grant of step-in rights) and other forms of security as appropriate to be specified in the Procurement Documents to be made available at ITT stage. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this Contract Notice stage.
III.1.7)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
The main financing conditions, payment mechanism and performance standards will be described in the Procurement Documents to be made available at ITT stage.
III.1.8)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Tideway will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or consortia. Tideway does not require those consortia who intend to form a single legal entity to do so at the PQQ stage. Tideway will consider contracting with a consortium, providing always that the participants in any consortium are jointly and severally liable for all of the obligations of the supplier under this contract.
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.4)Information about reduction of the number of solutions or tenders during negotiation or dialogue
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
IV.2.2)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
IV.2.4)Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted:
IV.2.6)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
VI.2)Information about electronic workflows
1) Terms in this Contract notice with initial capital letters have the meanings given in PQP Section 1.2.4)(Glossary);
2) To express interest in this tender, applicants must register and complete the PQQ on the Tideway portal: https://thamestidewaytunnel.bravosolution.co.uk by the deadline for PQQs stated in the PQP. The PQQ deadline is a precise time and applicants must allow sufficient time to upload the PQQ;
3) Section I (Contracting entity): The contracting entity is Bazalgette Tunnel Limited (“Tideway”), the organisation responsible for delivering the Thames Tideway Tunnel. Additional information relating to this Contract Notice is available in the Procurement Documents. Further information on Tideway and the Thames Tideway Tunnel is available at www.tideway.london
4) Section II.2.7) (Duration of the contract: Timescales in this Contract Notice are estimated based on the current Tideway programme but may be subject to change;
5) Section IV (Procedure): Tideway is not a utility for the purpose of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (“UCR 2016”) and accordingly the UCR 2016 do not apply to this procurement. However, Tideway is required pursuant to the procurement regime in The Water Industry (Specified Infrastructure Projects) (English Undertakers) Regulations 2013 (“SIP Regulations”) to tender certain contracts and certain categories of contracts in accordance with a modified regime set out in the SIP Regulations as amended by The Public Procurement (Amendments, Repeals and Revocations) Regulations 2016 (“modified UCR 2016”). The procurement requirements set out in the modified UCR 2016 are broadly similar to the UCR 2016 save that certain procedures, exclusions and exemptions have been removed and Part 5 of UCR 2016 (Remedies) has been modified so that a different remedies regime applies to Tideway. Additional information in relation to the modified UCR 2016 is available at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/cy/uksi/2016/275/schedule/2/paragraph/48/made
6) Section VI.4) (Procedures for review): In accordance with the modified UCR 2016 regime, Tideway will incorporate a minimum 10 calendar day standstill period before award from the point information on award is communicated to tenderers. Any request for further information by tenderers pursuant to the modified UCR 2016 regime must be made in writing to the address set out in section I.1) above. The modified UCR 2016 regime provides remedies for economic operators who, in consequence of a breach of the modified UCR 2016 regime, suffer, or risk suffering, loss or damage. Proceedings must be started in the High Court of England and Wales;
7) A response to this Contract Notice does not guarantee that an applicant will be invited to tender. The award process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to Tideway. Tideway does not bind itself to enter into any contract(s) arising out of the procedure envisaged by this Contract notice. No contractual rights, express or implied, arise out of this Contract Notice or the procedures envisaged by it. Tideway reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. Tideway reserves the right to disqualify any applicants on terms set out in the PQP;
8) Applicants/tenderers shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this Contract notice, any PQQ and with submitting any tender, howsoever incurred.
Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
Telephone: +44 20794760000
VI.4.2)Body responsible for mediation procedures
Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
Telephone: +44 20794760000
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: