Exhibition Fit Out Services Southampton
Principal Contractor to provide exhibition fit out services for the Tudors to Windsors.
- Construction work for buildings relating to exhibitions – 45212310
- Museum-exhibition services – 92521100
Location of contract
Value of contract
£50k – £100k
18 November 2019
02 December 2019
Contract start date
28 January 2020
Contract end date
30 September 2020
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
National Maritime Museum is seeking an experienced Principal Contractor to provide exhibition fit out services for the Tudors to Windsors: British Royal Portraits exhibition in the Special Exhibitions Gallery (SEG) at the National Maritime Museum.
Tender documentation will be available in early December 2019 to tenderers who pass the SSQ stage of this process.
The successful contractor will be appointed at the end January 2020 with the exhibition fit out being completed early March 2020.
The exhibition will run from early April until end of August 2020.
Tenderers will need to have a proven track record of and provide examples of the following:
– Proven experience of working as a Principal Contractor for an exhibition build in a national museum
– Proven experience of constructing exhibition walls using the Reform (previously Protean) walling system in a national museum
– Relevant experience of installing showcases within an exhibition fit out in a national museum
– Capacity to deliver the exhibition fit out within the tight programme
– Turnover of at least £1million
About the buyer
Please follow this link to view the notice.
The contracting authority considers that this contract may be suitable for economic operators that are small or medium enterprises (SMEs). However, any selection of tenderers will be based solely on the criteria set out for the procurement.
Indicative Procurement Schedule:
– SSQ returns deadline: Mon 2 Dec 2019, 12 midday;
– Restricted ITT will be sent out to shortlisted companies: Mon 9 Dec 2019;
– ITT returns: Wednesday 15th Jan 2020;
– Evaluate, interview & appoint: from 16 – 28 Jan 2020
– Kick-off with Project Team: Thurs 30 Jan 2020
SHORTLISTED COMPANIES WILL ONLY BE THOSE WHO PASS ALL ELEMENTS IN SECTION 6 OF THE SSQ.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.