External Community Based Housing Support for Homelessness Service
The external housing support contract will provide a targeted housing support service to vulnerable people in need who are at risk of losing or not sustaining a tenancy and/or, to enable them to establish/manage/maintain occupancy of their accommodation.
United Kingdom-Newtown St Boswells: Housing services
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Scottish Borders Council
For the attention of: Anna Simpson
TD6 0SA Newtown St Boswells
Telephone: +44 1835824000
Fax: +44 1835825150
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.scotborders.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00394
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
I.2)Type of the contracting authority
Regional or local authority
General public services
I.4)Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
II.1.1)Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
The provision of External Community Based Housing Support for Homelessness Service.
II.1.2)Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Scottish Borders.
NUTS code UKM24
II.1.3)Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
II.1.4)Information on framework agreement
II.1.5)Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The external housing support contract will provide a targeted housing support service to vulnerable people in need who are at risk of losing or not sustaining a tenancy and/or, to enable them to establish/manage/maintain occupancy of their accommodation. Referrals are received from Homelessness Services, external agencies and self referrals.
For further information please see the full Invitation to Tender Document.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=278420
II.1.6)Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
II.1.7)Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
II.1.9)Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
II.2)Quantity or scope of the contract
II.2.1)Total quantity or scope:
II.2.2)Information about options
Description of these options: The contract is for 36 months with the option to extend for a further 12 months.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
II.2.3)Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
II.3)Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1)Conditions relating to the contract
III.1.1)Deposits and guarantees required:
III.1.2)Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
As advised in the Invitation to Tender Document.
III.1.3)Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
Please see attached Invitation to Tender for further details.
III.1.4)Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
III.2)Conditions for participation
III.2.1)Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Please see Invitation to Tender for further details
III.2.2)Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Please see the Invitation to Tender Document for further details.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
Please see the Invitation to Tender Document for further details.
III.2.4)Information about reserved contracts
III.3)Conditions specific to services contracts
III.3.1)Information about a particular profession
III.3.2)Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.1)Type of procedure
IV.1.2)Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
IV.1.3)Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
IV.2.2)Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
IV.3.1)File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
IV.3.2)Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
IV.3.3)Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
IV.3.4)Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
7.11.2013 – 12:00
IV.3.5)Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
IV.3.6)Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
IV.3.7)Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Duration in months: 6 (from the date stated for receipt of tender)
IV.3.8)Conditions for opening of tenders
Date: 7.11.2013 – 13:00
Scottish Borders Council HQ, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SA
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1)Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement: yes
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: 2016/2017
VI.2)Information about European Union funds
It is considered that the provision of external community based housing support for homelessness services falls within Part B of Schedule 3 to the Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012. Neither the inclusion of this stage or any other indication shall be taken to mean that the Council intends to hold itself bound by and of the Regulations save those applicable to Part B Services.
VI.4)Procedures for appeal
VI.4.1)Body responsible for appeal procedures
VI.4.2)Lodging of appeals
VI.4.3)Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:16.9.2013