External Support Service to the Free Schools Programme – Early Market Engagement
The provision of an external support service to the free schools programme through generating high quality applications to open a free school.
United Kingdom-London: Education and training services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
I.1)Name and addresses
Postal address: Sanctuary Buildings, 20, Great Smith Street
NUTS code: UK UNITED KINGDOM
Postal code: SW1P 3BT
Country: United Kingdom
Contact person: Commercial Delivery
I.2)Information about joint procurement
I.4)Type of the contracting authority
Section II: Object
External Support Service to the Free Schools Programme
II.1.2)Main CPV code
II.1.3)Type of contract
The provision of an external support service to the free schools programme through generating high quality applications to open a free school, supporting applicant groups during the assessment process, providing targeted support to approved projects in the pre-opening phase and to open free schools up to their first Ofsted inspection and delivering a small number of partner events on behalf of the Department for Education.
II.1.5)Estimated total value
II.1.6)Information about lots
II.2.2)Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3)Place of performance
II.2.4)Description of the procurement:
The purpose of this Prior Information Notice is to notify the market of the Department for Education’s (DfE) intention to undertake a procurement exercise to appoint a suitably qualified contractor to provide an external support service to the free schools programme.
Free schools remain a priority for this government to help provide a good school place for every child, that allows them to reach their potential regardless of where they live and their background. They are an important tool to deliver new, high quality places of all types where they are needed most. Work is ongoing to finalise how future free school waves will run, but it is expected that there will be a need for an external support service to deliver the following:
• generate interest in new applications via the DfE-led free school application process, including targeting specific areas, supporting groups to submit high quality applications and providing support to applicant groups throughout the department’s application and assessment process.
• providing support to approved free school projects in the pre-opening phase, and to open free schools up to their first Ofsted inspection. The type and level of support should be varied depending on the needs of the trust and include targeted support for new free school providers and delivery of a small number of good practice and information sharing events.
• deliver a small number of free school information events on behalf of the Department for Education.
II.3)Estimated date of publication of contract notice:
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.8)Information about the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
Section VI: Complementary information
As part of early market engagement, we wish to engage with the market to outline our requirements and explain how potential bidders may ready themselves for any procurement process that may follow. The event will also provide an opportunity for potential bidders to ask questions regarding the draft requirements.
An online early market engagement event for interested parties will be held on 30 September 2020 (11.30 a.m. to 13 p.m. BST).
If you are interested in attending this early market engagement event, please
1) Respond to the question contained in the qualification envelope located within the Early Supplier Engagement event, the link for which is contained in the opportunity listing on https://education.app.jaggaer.com/web/login.html by 17.00 on 29 September 2020; and
2) Register directly to the Eventbrite event registration site at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/early-supplier-engagement-event-tickets-121225465631
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice: