Film, TV and Distribution Strategy Tender
The successful tender will demonstrate how they will deliver the following outcomes: 1. An assessment of which parts of the Film and Television industry Cornwall is best placed to develop and capture through a series of policy; infrastructure and business support mechanisms.
Research and Development, Other Services
Location of contract
Value of contract
£15k – £30k
29 June 2017
19 July 2017
Contract start date
07 August 2017
Contract end date
28 August 2017
The successful tender will demonstrate how they will deliver the following outcomes;
1. An assessment of which parts of the Film and Television industry Cornwall is best placed to develop and capture through a series of policy; infrastructure and business support mechanisms. This will be based on;
A desk-based analysis of the sector, which should include:
• A baseline analysis of the sector and assessment of trends in national and global markets
• Emerging skills and capability gaps in the market
• An assessment of CIoS’s existing infrastructure – business , skills and HE/FE assets
• An analysis of the barriers to growth of the sector in CIoS
• Alignment to local and national policy landscape i.e. the Industrial Strategy, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Strategic Economic Plan, Cornwall Council’s White Paper for Culture, the Integrated Territorial Investment Strategy and the University’s Strategic Plan.
• An analysis of best practice (i.e. where public intervention has stimulated innovation and growth in the sector)
2. Which interventions CIoS should prioritise to capture a share of appropriate market growth. Interventions might include;
a. Policy – the application of appropriate tax breaks and incentives to attract both inward investment from the supply chain (post production / special effects) and the use of Cornwall as a film location. This should include the concept of a creative Enterprise Zone
b. Infrastructure – the potential development of facilities to support the growth of the sector. This should include, but not be limited to; incubation space; workspace; commercial facilities such as studios and post production in order to facilitate a high value cluster. This should include an assessment of demand and the scope / spec of a physical development.
c. Business support – sector specific business support. This may include a new approach to supply chain simulation and support and equity return. It should also include an assessment of potential innovations and changes in HE/FE provision required to support the sub sectors identified in ‘1’ above. The impact of a ‘red carpet’ film location service should also be reviewed.
These outcomes should be delivered through a programme of engagement with key local and national players. This should include; Creative England; The British Film Institute; Creative Skillset and the Creative Industries Federation as well as existing local businesses such as;Tiger X; Dogbite Film Crew; Gorton Studios; Pixelrain; Beagle Create; Joint Effort; Cherry Cherry. We would anticipate national players to also be consulted. This may include; The Mill; MPC; Framestore; Halo Post; Molinaire.
About the buyer
In Tend Portal
Documents are available by registering on the In-Tend Portal. https://in-tendhost.co.uk/universityofexeter/aspx/Home Reference 1023Falmouth .Deadline for clarifications is 14th July 2017 at 12.00pm Deadline for tender submissions is Wednesday 19th July 2017 at 12.00pm mid-day. Shortlisted bidders will be asked to attend a presentation at the Penryn Campus W/C 31st July 2017 (time / day to be confirmed)
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided.