Financial Management Training Leicester
Financial Management for Non-Financial People Training Course.
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||28/09/2012|
|Est. End Date:||27/09/2013|
PURPOSE OF THIS TRAINING
• This suite forms part of the Leicester Leader offer which sets out a new leadership culture of continuous development and improvement to help change the way people feel about working for the Council.
• To face up to the challenge of managing services in a climate of falling income and rising expectation.
• To embed a culture of financial awareness.
AS A RESULT OF THIS EVENT, DELEGATES WILL BE ABLE TO
• Delegates will understand the impact their decisions make on their budget position.
• Delegates will be able to review financial information and evaluate financial data.
• Delegates will understand the need to use financial information as a management tool.
AREAS TO BE INCLUDED
• Defining the terminology used in Finance management.
• Interpreting financial statements.
• Putting a budget together.
• Managing a budget, taking action to achieve objectives.
• Identifying priorities and making choices within means.
• The training will be delivered in one day. It is envisaged that, in the first instance, up to six one day sessions will be required over a 12 month period.
• It is expected that each session will be delivered to an audience of up to 16 participants.
• The events will take place at Leicester City Council premises.
• It is essential that the presenter has experience of the public sector, preferably within local government.
• It is essential that the training is delivered in plain English.
• Delivery needs to be pitched appropriately for second and third tier managers from a diverse range of local authority service areas.
• The training programme must be accompanied by comprehensive supporting materials. Printing can be managed by Leicester City Council if negotiated.
• Any materials should also be provided electronically so that they can be posted on the City Learning Resource site to be used for internal purposes only.
WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS SHOULD:
• Set out the structure for the event.
• Have sufficient detail to illustrate the approach to be taken.
• Include design and delivery costs.
• Have examples of the materials to be used.
• Indicate estimated travel and accommodation expenses.
• Include a short profile of the presenter(s) who will be delivering the event.
The target group for this Course are Divisional Directors, Heads of Service & Senior Service Managers
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Expressions of Interest|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
New Walk Centre,
LEICESTER LE1 6ZG