Thanet District Council wish to establish a Framework Agreement of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 4 suitably qualified and experienced agencies/suppliers to meet our temporary staff requirements for two years from 25th March 2012 (with option to extend). The provision of temporary staff is required to cover the following work categories:
1) Clean Streets, Commercial Services: Waste Collection
· HGV drivers
· Refuse loaders
2) Clean Streets, Commercial Services: Street and Beach Cleansing
· Street and beach cleaners
· Drivers (7.5t and above)
· Plant and equipment operators, e.g., drivers and operators for tractors, mechanical street sweepers, Fido machines, JCBs, hook lifts, flat-bed lorries, tipper trucks, beach rakes and associated machinery, etc.
3) Landscape & Building Services, Commercial Services: Grounds maintenance, Parks
· Grass cutting operators
· Grave diggers
4) Clean Streets, Commercial Services: Waste & Recycling services
· LGV drivers for deliveries of wheeled bins etc
· General Delivery persons for delivery of bins, bags, sacks, information, etc.
Agencies/suppliers wishing to be considered will be required to demonstrate that they meet minimum operational, technical and financial criteria necessary for the satisfactory performance of the Contract and must complete a pre-qualification questionnaire.
The pre-qualification questionnaire is attached for download and must be completed and returned no later than 5.00pm on Wednesday 25 January 2012.
Following pre selection, it is anticipated that a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 suitably qualified agencies/suppliers will be invited to bid in a tender process. It is anticipated that tender documents will be issued during the week of 30 January 2012 and the completed tender submissions must be returned to the Council by 13:00 on 17 February 2012.
Procurement of temporary agency staff within the framework agreement will start from 25 March 2012.
Note: Any lobbying of Members or Officers will automatically disqualify the application.
Contact details: Jay Jones, Clean Streets Manager