Framework for the Provision of Clinical Services
Barts Health NHS Trust seeks to create a Framework of Suppliers who are able to provide services to patients of the trust in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the tender.
United Kingdom-London: Hospital services
Section I: Contracting authority
Barts Health NHS Trust
9 Prescot Street
For the attention of: Robin Tyler
E1 8PR London
Telephone: +44 2074804663
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 25: Health and social services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Barts Health NHS Trust Hospitals, other London trusts may use the framework.
NUTS code UKI12,UKI21,UKI
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 2
Justification for a framework agreement, the duration of which exceeds four years: Initial 2 year agreement with the option to extend for a further 2 x 12 month periods.
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 10 000 000 and 15 000 000 GBP
85111000, 85111100, 85111200, 85111300
Number of possible renewals: 2
In the case of renewable supplies or service contracts, estimated timeframe for subsequent contracts:
in months: 12 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: Description of particular conditions: The selected candidate will be required to actively participate in the achievement of social and/or environmental objectives. Accordingly contract performance conditions may relate in particular to social, environmental or other corporate social responsibility considerations. Further details of these conditions will be set out in the contract documents.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: Suppliers Instructions How to Express Interest in this Tender~: 1. Register your company on the eSourcing portal (this is only required once) – Browse to the eSourcing Portal: https://www.nhssourcing.co.uk and click the link to register – Accept the terms and conditions and click ‘continue’ – Enter your correct business and user details – Note the username you chose and click ‘Save’ when complete – You will shortly receive an email with your unique password (please keep this secure) 2. Express an Interest in the tender – Login to the portal with the username/password – Click the ‘PQQs / ITTs Open To All Suppliers’ link. (These are Pre-Qualification Questionnaires or Invitations to Tender open to any registered supplier) – Click on the relevant PQQ/ ITT to access the content. – Click the ‘Express Interest’ button at the top of the page. – This will move the PQQ /ITT into your ‘My PQQs/ My ITTs’ page. (This is a secure area reserved for your projects only) -You can now access any attachments by clicking ‘Buyer Attachments’ in the ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’ box 3. Responding to the tender – Click ‘My Response’ under ‘PQQ/ ITT Details’, you can choose to ‘Create Response’ or to ‘Decline to Respond’ (please give a reason if declining) – You can now use the ‘Messages’ function to communicate with the buyer and seek any clarification – Note the deadline for completion, then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the PQQ/ ITT – There may be a mixture of online & offline actions for you to perform (there is detailed online help available) You must then submit your reply using the ‘Submit Response’ button at the top of the page. If you require any further assistance please consult the online help, or contact the eTendering help desk.
(a) appropriate statements from banks or, where appropriate, evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance;
(b) the presentation of balance-sheets or extracts from the balance-sheets, where publication of the balance-sheet is required under the law of the country in which the economic operator is established;
(c) a statement of the undertaking’s overall turnover and, where appropriate, of turnover in the area covered by the contract for a maximum of the last three financial years available, depending on the date on which the undertaking was set up or the economic operator started trading, as far as the information on these turnovers is available.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
2. Requests to participate must be made by completion and return of the pre-qualification questionnaire by the date and time specified in point IV.3.4 and in accordance with the instructions set out in the pre-qualification questionnaire. Completed pre-qualification questionnaires submitted after the deadline may not be considered.
3. For consortium bids the information in Section III.2 must be supplied by each consortium member but the lead member should aggregate its members’ details and submit this as a single application.
4. Candidates are advised that the Trust is subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act). If a candidate considers that any of the information supplied as part of this tender process should not be disclosed because of its commercial sensitivity, confidentiality or otherwise, they must, when providing this information, clearly identify the specific information they do not wish to be disclosed and clearly specify the reasons for its sensitivity. The Trust shall take such statements into consideration in the event that it receives a request pursuant to the Act which relates to the information provided by the interested party. Candidates should note that, even where information is identified as commercially sensitive, the Trust might be required to disclose such information in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act. Accordingly, the Trust cannot guarantee that any information marked commercially sensitive will not be disclosed. Please note, it is not sufficient to include a statement of confidentiality encompassing all the information provided in the response.
5. The Trust shall not be responsible for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by candidates or tenderers and accepts no liability for any costs, charges or expenses, irrespective of the outcome of the competition, or if the competition is cancelled or postponed.
6. All dates and time periods specified in this notice are only provisional and the Trust reserves the right to change these.
7. The Trust reserves the right to not award any or part of this contract.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:3.4.2014