Funding for Education and Skills in Essex
The maximum funding that organisations may bid for is £50,000.
ACL Essex Learning Partnership Fund 2021-2022
Essex County Council
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
East of England
Value of contract
17 May 2021
16 June 2021
Contract start date
1 August 2021
Contract end date
31 July 2022
Single tender action (non-OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
ECC has allocated funding to the Essex Learning Partnership Fund (ELPF) to deliver training which support its strategic aims. This funding draws on ECC’s Adult Education Budget funding allocation from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA). There is a maximum of £150,000 available. The maximum funding that organisations may bid for is £50,000. Projects must deliver a minimum of 250 enrolments.
ECC is looking to award funding to organisations that can demonstrate the most effective way in which the money will be used and has the greatest impact on learners.
Projects supported by this funding are intended to help address the issue of worklessness in Essex. The aim of the fund is to develop the skills levels of residents (aged 19 and over) whilst complementing other available provision and providing progression routes to further learning, employment and volunteering.
To reach individuals and local communities across Essex, we would particularly welcome bids from voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations whose reach extends to those in greatest need.
The key objectives of this funding are:
• To deliver a programme of community learning activities which enable adults to move towards sustained employment and active citizenship, involving one or more of the following:
? improve employability and essential skills, including digital skills
? provide opportunities for learners to become involved in the local community
? increase learners’ confidence and motivation
? have a positive effect on learners’ health and wellbeing
• To encourage Essex residents who are not in employment and have low level skills to engage in learning and progress to further training opportunities, particularly targeting those who mainstream provision struggles to engage or help to progress into further learning or employment.
• To provide Information, Advice and Guidance for residents not in employment about further learning, volunteering or mainstream employment services and/or getting work.
The priority target group for activities supported by this fund is unemployed adults (aged 19 or over and resident in Essex), particularly those who have completed a ‘work programme’ without progressing into employment, those with low level skills and those who are less likely to be engaged into learning directly by a mainstream provider. These are likely to include:
• Universal Credit claimants who are out of work
• Job Seekers Allowance claimants
• Income Support claimants
• Employment Support Allowance claimants
• Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment claimants
• Other working age people not on benefits who wish to return to the labour market.
- CO0100 ACL ELPF 2021-22 Specification V1.0.docx
- Technical specifications
- Additional text
- The estimated timetable for the award of a contract is as follows:
Invitation to Tender issued 17/05/2021
Final date for clarifications from Bidders 01/06/2021
Tender Return Date 17/06/2021
Preferred bidder shortlisted 30/06/2021
Contract Preparation 30/06/2021
Contract Signature 13/07/2021
The Authority will not be bound by this timetable if extensive bid clarification is required during evaluation.
Your tender submission must be submitted to the Authority electronically by publishing through this ITT RFX REQ1000235 – CO0100 ACL Essex Learning Partnership Fund 2021-22 at https://www.proactisplaza.com:-
not later than 12:00 (noon) hours on 17/06/2021
It is the Authority’s policy to reject any tenders received after the above deadline.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.