Fundraising Consultant Brief
To provide advice and assistance on the implementation of fundraising strategy.
The Armstrong Hall, Thornbury
- Business services: law, marketing, consulting, recruitment, printing and security – 79000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
01 April 2020
20 April 2020
Contract start date
01 May 2020
Contract end date
01 April 2024
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Armstrong Hall Trust (Thornbury Town Council) is seeking suitably qualified and experienced consultancy support to provide advice and assistance on the implementation of their fundraising strategy for the redevelopment of the Armstrong Hall.
The Trust has completed two consultations to determine the future of the Hall and where the Community would like to see the Hall sited. The last consultation completed in March 2018 showed overwhelming community support to see a new build Hall complex on the existing site. Architects have developed some initial concept designs which have been largely supported by the community and these have also had favourable response from the Planning Authority at the pre-planning application stage.
In 2019 a fundraising consultant was appointed to work with the Trust and community to develop a strategy for a capital appeal for funding. This strategy determined that the appeal should be set at £5 million to be a realistic and achievable figure. This strategy has been approved and the Trust are now seeking a suitably experienced fundraising advisor with experience in arts and culture to take the fundraising forward over the next few years.
Scope of works
To work with the project team providing advice and overseeing Capital Appeal Activities based on a monthly retainer. It is anticipated that activities would include:
1. Recruitment of appeals officer.
2. Analysis of existing consultation and additional consultation, if required, to establish need and demand for the project
3. Preparation and implementation of detailed communications plan throughout the fundraising period
4. Preparation of Case for Support
5. Establishing an Appeals Committee
6. Approaching and engaging with Key Lead Funders, High Net Worth individuals and Grant Funders
7. Preparation and Implementation of Public Phase of fundraising
8. Develop a legacy for the campaign
9. Any additional work that may be identified as the project evolves, this would be quoted and paid for separately.
The Trust anticipate appointing successful candidate April 2020.
About the buyer
Town Hall Old Police Station, 35 High Street, Thornbury
Fundraising Advisor Brief
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.