General Dental Services – East of England – Market Engagement Webinar 29 July 2021
7 Lots. The services for all Lots are to be operational from 8am to 8pm, 365 days per year.
Market Engagement Event for General Dental Services (7 Lots) for the East of England Region
NHS ARDEN AND GREATER EAST MIDLANDS COMMISSIONING SUPPORT UNIT
NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
- Dental-practice services – 85131000
Location of contract
East of England
Value of contract
Quote/tender 45281 – (AG20508)
14 July 2021
Approach to market date
2 August 2021
Contract start date
1 July 2022
Contract end date
31 March 2030
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit (AGCSU) on behalf of NHS England & NHS Improvement – East of England (referred to as the Commissioner) would like to inform you of an opportunity to deliver seven Personal Dental Services Agreements for General Dental Services across the East of England region in the following Integrated Care System areas; Norfolk and Waveney and Suffolk & North East Essex.
The services for all Lots are to be operational from 8am to 8pm, 365 days per year. The new services are expected to start on 1st July 2022. The contracts are to run for a period of 4 years and 9 months with extensions of up to a further 3 years.
Expressions of interest are sought from providers for the following intended Lots:-
• Lot 1 – Kings Lynn, Norfolk (A)
• Lot 2 – Kings Lynn, Norfolk (B)
• Lot 3 – Norwich, Norfolk
• Lot 4 – Fakenham, Norfolk
• Lot 5 – Thetford, Norfolk
• Lot 6 – Lowestoft, Suffolk
• Lot 7 – Leiston, Suffolk
The key objectives of the Procurement are to obtain General Dental Services and Unscheduled Urgent Dental Care together, to ensure delivery and reduction of inequity of access to care and supporting the reduction of health inequalities; and ensuring all patients groups are provided with access to urgent dental care, the opportunity to receive oral health stabilisation and continued routine dental care.
The objective is to:
• Address unmet need
• Give patients flexibility, choice and equity of access
• Provide access to dental care for patients in the most appropriate setting
• Recognise that high quality healthcare is multidisciplinary and should be delivered through the appropriate use of skill mix of the entire dental team and good working relationships with others
• Develop an appropriate skill mix
• Offer high quality healthcare with continually improving services and development for staff
• Establish a positive working relationship between NHS England and NHS Improvement East of England, providers and Local Dental Networks
The Commissioners would like to invite potential Bidders to a virtual Market Engagement Webinar taking place at 11am -12:30pm on Thursday 29th July 2021.
Please register your interest in attending this webinar by 2pm on 27th July 2021.
Details on how to register are provided below. Places are strictly limited; therefore, reservations are limited to no more than two persons per organisation.
The Market Engagement Event will;
• Give an overview of the services to be provided
• Provide details of the contract type, length, and particular conditions
• UDA values
• Explain the procurement process and the anticipated timeline.
- Additional text
- If you wish to express an interest and register for the Market Engagement Webinar please register on the EU Supply website https://uk.eu-supply.com/login.asp?B=UK . The project reference is “Quote/tender 45281 – AG20508 – Market Engagement Event for General Dental Services (7 Lots) for the East of England Region”.
Once registered please complete the questions which asks providers to give details about your organisations and confirmation of who will be dialling into the market engagement webinar.
Webinar details will only be sent to those organisations who have completed the questionnaire to confirm their attendance. Please note the deadline for responses is by 2:00pm on Tuesday 27th July 2022.
This is a market engagement exercise and does not commit the Commissioners to carry out a procurement process. Any subsequent procurement will be advertised separately and all organisations wanting to participate will need to respond to the procurement advertisement as and when published.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
10 Nottingham Road
- End of Life Personal Care in South Devon – Market Engagement Event 16 July 2021
- East of England Home Oxygen Service – Market Engagement Event 24 March 2021
- COVID-19 Targeted Community Testing Programme – Market Engagement 11 February 2021
- Physical Health Improvement Service – Sheffield – Market Engagement Event 5 November 2020