General Nursing Intermediate Care Beds – Staffordshire and Lancashire

General Nursing Intermediate Care Beds – Staffordshire and Lancashire

NHS Chorley and South Ribble and NHS Greater Preston Clinical Commissioning Groups on behalf of the Lancashire Place Based Partnership intend to source 41 general nursing intermediate care beds, 24 of which are expected to require rehabilitation.

General Nursing Intermediate Care Beds

Staffordshire and Lancashire Commissioning Support Unit

Contract summary

 

Industry

  • Miscellaneous health services – 85140000

Location of contract

North West

Value of contract

£1,100,000

Procurement reference

L-21-14

Published date

1 October 2021

Closing date

15 October 2021

Closing time

12pm

Contract start date

1 November 2021

Contract end date

31 March 2022

Contract type

Service contract

Procedure type

Other: Accelerated Open Procedure

Contract is suitable for SMEs?

Yes

Contract is suitable for VCSEs?

Yes

 

Description

NHS Chorley and South Ribble and NHS Greater Preston Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) on behalf of the Lancashire Place Based Partnership intend to source 41 general nursing intermediate care beds, 24 of which are expected to require rehabilitation.
This will enable a cohort of patients to be transferred from hospital into a registered nursing home who need an extended period for discharge plans to be agreed and community support provided.
The CCGs are planning to commission the beds with several providers with up to 5 beds within each registered nursing home dispersed across Central Lancashire. We will accept bids from registered nursing homes located within the Greater Preston and Chorley and South Ribble areas.
This is a fixed term arrangement with the intention of the beds being available from the 1st November 2021 and for contracts to be in place until the end of March 2022.
The capped financial envelope for these services is circa £1.1m (capped at £1,200 per bed per week, exempt of VAT) for the contract duration (22 weeks). (£1,200 per bed per week includes any 1:1 isolation requirements that may be required).
The contracts will be paid on an 80% block arrangement, the remaining 20% of the contract value will be paid on a tariff basis based on occupancy.

For further information regarding this opportunity please contact Rachel Roocroft at the following email address mlcsu.tendersnorth@nhs.net. The tender documentation is attached to this advert.

 

How to apply

 

Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.

 

About the buyer

 

Contact name

Rachel Roocroft

Address

Lancashire Business Park
Leyland
PR26 6TR
United Kingdom

Telephone

01772 214076

Email

mlcsu.tendersnorth@nhs.net