Governor Recruitment Services Pilot – Department for Education
Bespoke governor recruitment services for the governing boards of FE colleges.
Further Education Colleges Governor Recruitment Services Pilot
DEPARTMENT FOR EDUCATION
- Research and development services and related consultancy services – 73000000
- Business and management consultancy and related services – 79400000
- Recruitment services – 79600000
Show additional CPV codes for this notice
Location of contract
North East, North West, Yorkshire and The Humber, East Midlands, West Midlands, East of England, London, South East, South West
Value of contract
13 March 2020
08 April 2020
Contract start date
11 May 2020
Contract end date
31 March 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The FE Colleges Governor Recruitment Services Pilot is designed to test the effectiveness of increasing the availability of bespoke governor recruitment services for the governing boards of FE colleges, and so increase their capacity to offer effective leadership to their colleges.
These recruitment services will be free for colleges at the point of use. To ensure that the service is targeted on those college boards which have the greatest need of help, referrals will be made to the supplier via the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) or the Further Education Commissioner (FEC) Team at DfE.
The expected outputs are:
• A minimum of 30 successful appointments to key voluntary governor positions on the boards of colleges referred to the service by the ESFA or the FEC (ESFA and FEC will have discretion to specify “key” appointments, but the emphasis is likely to be on Chairs, Deputy Chairs, and committee chairs for Finance or Audit)
• Ongoing support and development for appointees to help them to manage their new responsibilities and continue in their role. This should include access to a network or mentor, and to relevant induction or development support (this could be delivered via webinars, for example)
• A pool of at least 10 appropriately qualified and experienced candidates for short notice interim appointments to key governance posts
• A short evaluation report, based on a survey of users.
Funding will be available in the financial year from April 2020 to March 2021. A maximum of £110,000 (including VAT) is available for this pilot (up to £100,000 for delivery and up to £10,000 for evaluation). We expect to appoint one supplier.
Bidders will need to provide a tender response for both sections, which will carry weightings of 91%:9% in line with the split of overall funding. The contract will be awarded to the bidder with the highest overall score, but we reserve the right to not award the evaluation portion of the contract if it does not offer value for money when compared to an in-house option.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will be derived from the required outputs and from measures of customer satisfaction. They will be finalised with the successful bidder following contract award.
About the buyer
2 St Paul’s Place
NB: In this document “colleges” should be taken to refer to ESFA-funded FE college corporations, Sixth Form College corporations (SFCs), and institutions designated as being in the statutory FE sector under section 28 of the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 (designated institutions).
The Further Education Colleges Board Reviews pilot is one of a range of measures designed to support improvement in the practice of FE college boards. Further information can be found in the FE Leadership and Governance press release (dated 27th February 2020) here: https://www.gov.uk/government/latest?departments%5B%5D=department-for-education.
This procurement will be run through Jaggaer, the Department’s e-Tendering platform. You must be registered on Jaggaer to view and bid for this opportunity when it is launched. You can register and view opportunities here: https://education.app.jaggaer.com/.
In preparing their tenders, potential suppliers are advised to refer to relevant guidance, including https://www.gov.uk/guidance/fe-governance, https://www.aoc.co.uk/funding-and-corporate-services/governance/governance-resources/code-good-governance-english-colleges, and https://www.charitygovernancecode.org/en.
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.