The Proposed Ground Investigation works contract comprises the following works: 5 No. boreholes advanced using a drilling rig capable of both dynamic sampling and rotary coring.
South Road Retaining Wall, Weston-super-Mare. Ground Investigation Works
North Somerset Council
Test drilling and boring work – 45120000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£35k – £40k
27 March 2020
01 May 2020
Contract start date
18 May 2020
Contract end date
03 July 2020
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Proposed Ground Investigation works contract comprises the following works:
• 5 No. boreholes advanced using a drilling rig capable of both dynamic sampling and rotary coring that can obtain the required samples through possibly made ground/fill, superficial deposits and solid geology to a depth of 7 mbgl. Collection UT100 undisturbed samples where possible/appropriate, SPT testing and collection of rock cores. Boreholes shall be a minimum of 1.5m back from the retaining wall.
• 5 no. hand dug observation pits of the retaining wall foundations.
• 3 no. horizontal diamond core holes through the retaining wall to confirm wall thickness and the nature of the materials directly behind the wall.
• Soils to be logged in accordance with BS EN ISO 14688-1:2002+A1:2013 and BS 5930:2015.
• Rock to be logged in accordance with BS EN ISO 14689-1:2002, BS 5930:2015.
• Geotechnical laboratory testing on selected samples.
• Environmental testing on selected samples.
• Provision of AGS data.
• Ground Investigation Factual Report (as per 16.8.1)
Specific borehole requirements are detailed further in Schedule 1 and Schedule 2 of Ground Investigation (GI) Specification. The proposed borehole location plan is attached to the GI.