Grounds Maintenance Contract Canterbury
Canterbury City Council Grounds Maintenance and Associated Works Contract.
UK-Canterbury: grounds maintenance services
Section I: Contracting authority
Canterbury City Council
Contact point(s): Director of Resources
For the attention of: Joanne Barton
CT1 1YW Canterbury
Telephone: +44 1227862362
Fax: +44 1227862020
General address of the contracting authority: www.canterbury.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA1358
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Other: Grounds maintenance and associated works
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: The Canterbury City Council Administrative Area.
NUTS code UK
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at http://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=88778.
A full breakdown is available in the pre-qualification questionnaire.
77314000, 90511300, 77300000, 45112714, 92332000, 50870000
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 2 000 000 and 2 500 000 GBP
Description of these options: The anticipated contract will be for an initial duration of 4 years and 9 months, commencing on the 1.4.2013 and ending on the 31.12.2017 with a potential extension of the end date to 31.12.2022.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: To meet the council’s standards of service requirements for Grounds Maintenance and Associated Works Contract and deliver high levels of efficiency as detailed in the tender documents.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(6) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(7) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(8) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(9) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(10) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(11) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: As outlined in the pre-qualification document and invitation to tender documents.
Section VI: Complementary information
Pre-Qualification questionnaires in relation to this contract opportunity are available upon request via email only to: email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of the completed document and supporting information is 17:00 hours Friday 15.6.2012.
Royal Court of Justice
WC2A 2LL London
Telephone: +44 2079476000
Royal Court of Justice
WC2A 2LL London
Telephone: +44 2079476000
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:10.5.2012