Grounds Maintenance Services Devon
Provision of a grounds maintenance service to include horticultural work the majority of which is grass cutting at varying frequencies, hedge cutting and shrub bed maintenance.
UK-Tavistock: grounds maintenance services
Section I: Contracting authority
West Devon Borough Council
For the attention of: Stuart Jellings/Jill Skelton
PL19 0BZ Tavistock
Telephone: +44 1822813654
Fax: +44 1803861545
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.westdevon.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 27: Other services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: West Devon Borough.
NUTS code UKK4
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 200 000,00 and 400 000,00 GBP
Description of these options: 2 further annual extension periods
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 24 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: As detailed in the tender documentation.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Membership of a relevant trade association or associations would be an advantage.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(4) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(5) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate technical competence in terms of their own and their staff’s capability to carry out the work.
Section IV: Procedure
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Kilworthy Park Drake Road
PL19 0BZ Tavistock
Telephone: +44 1822813524
Body responsible for mediation procedures
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:16.8.2012