Hampshire County Council Archaeological Services Contract
To define and understand the deposit characteristics and hydrogeological context of the CWR site.
- Excavation work at archaeological sites – 45112450
- Engineering-related scientific and technical services – 71350000
- Geophysical surveys of archaeological sites – 71351720
Show additional CPV codes for this notice
Location of contract
Value of contract
£200k – £250k
17 February 2020
30 March 2020
Contract start date
01 June 2020
Contract end date
31 May 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Winchester City Council invites applications from suitably experienced organisations who wish to be considered for selection to tender for the Provision of Archaeological Services.
The principle aims of work identified are as follows:
• To define and understand the deposit characteristics and hydrogeological context of the CWR site and the vulnerability of waterlogged deposits of archaeological interest to changes in the water environment.
• To provide a preliminary assessment of the state of preservation of waterlogged organic deposits and the artefacts / ecofacts that they contain.
• To provide detailed baseline information about the existing water environment of the CWR site and likely state of preservation of buried archaeological remains, against which the implications of future development proposals can be assessed and evaluation strategies developed.
The Contract will commence on 1st June 2020 and will be for a period of two years (with the option to extend for a further six years).
Interested parties should register their interest in the project via the In-Tend website https://in-tendhost.co.uk/hampshire, and complete and submit the tender return document together with any supporting information requested by 1400 hrs on Monday 30th March 2020).
About the buyer
PST Procurement Support Procurement
Additional information on how to apply for this contract
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : No
How to apply
Please apply directly to the buyer using the contact details provided, or follow the instructions given in the notice description or information section.