Health Education England Mental Health Training Tender
The Masters course will have a cognitive behavioural theoretical base with preference for approaches with the soundest evidence and where cognitive and behavioural techniques are integrated in therapy.
Mental Health Training – Sussex
Health Education England
- Education and training services – 80000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
1 December 2021
5 January 2022
Contract start date
5 September 2022
Contract end date
4 September 2024
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Provision of Mental Health Training across Health Education England’s Southeast region and specifically within the areas of Kent, Surrey & Sussex.
The Masters course will have a cognitive behavioural theoretical base with preference for approaches with the soundest evidence and where cognitive and behavioural techniques are integrated in therapy. In addition to providing practical intensive and detailed skills training to facilitate skill development to a defined standard of competency, a course will aim to increase students’ knowledge base of theory and research in CBT, and to promote a critical approach to the subject. It will also aim to equip students to become skilled and creative independent CBT practitioners, in accordance with BABCP guidelines for good practise, and to contribute to the further development of CBT.
The course will provide opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge, understanding and skills in the following areas:
• To develop practical competency in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for common psychiatric disorders such as depression and anxiety
• To develop critical knowledge of the theoretical and research literature relating to CBT
At the end of the course students will be able to:
• Construct maintenance and developmental CBT conceptualisations for depression and anxiety disorders.
• Develop CBT specific treatment plans.
• Practice CBT with depression and anxiety disorders systematically, creatively and with good clinical outcome.
• Deal with complex issues arising in CBT practice.
• Take personal responsibility for clinical decision making in straightforward and more complex situations.
• Demonstrate self-direction and originality in tackling and solving therapeutic problems
• Practice as “scientist practitioners” advancing their knowledge and understanding and develop new skills to a high level.
• Demonstrate a systematic knowledge of the principles of CBT and the evidence base for the application of CBT techniques.
• Demonstrate a systematic knowledge of CBT for depression and anxiety disorders.
• Have a critical understanding of the theoretical and research evidence for cognitive behaviour models and an ability to evaluate the evidence.
• Demonstrate an ability to sensitively adapt CBT and ensure equitable access to diverse cultures and values.
Lot 1- Provision for delivery of Adult IAPT High Intensity Therapist (HIT) education.
Lot 2 -Provision for the delivery of Children and Young People’s Education Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP) education
Lot 3 – Provision for the delivery of Children and Young People’s Wellbeing Practitioner (CWP) education
Lot 4 -Provision for delivery of Children and Young People’s Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (CYP IAPT) Modality education
Full documents available at – http://health.atamis.co.uk
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
- Tender for Educational Supervisor Training – Specialist Trainers
- Dynamic Purchasing System for VCSEs – Smaller and Lower Value Services Inside and Outside Public Sector
- Delivery of Trainng for The Maudsley Model of Anorexia Therapy for Adults
- Dynamic Purchasing System for Voluntary, Charitable and Social Enterprises