Health and Wellbeing Training Course
Health and Wellbeing: The New Agenda – Masterclass Training Course.
Health and Wellbeing: The New Agenda – Masterclass Training Course
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||28/09/2012|
|Est. End Date:||27/09/2013|
PURPOSE OF THIS EVENT
• This suite forms part of the Leicester Leader offer which sets out a new leadership culture of continuous development and improvement to help change the way people feel about working for the Council.
• To raise awareness of the national policy agenda to promote healthier lifestyles
What will delegates be able to do as a result of this event?
AS A RESULT OF THIS EVENT, DELEGATES WILL BE ABLE TO
• Understand the role of Health and Wellbeing Boards and how these work within the context of national health and wellbeing policies.
• Work effectively with partner organisations to meet the health requirements of the local community.
• Have a clearer picture of how the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) will be produced from April 2013.
VISIBLE PROMPTS WHICH SUGGEST A DEVELOPMENT NEED
• The new Health and Well-Being agenda.
• The publication of the Government’s ‘Healthy Lives, Healthy People’ White Paper setting out the Government’s long-term vision for the future of public health in England. The aim is to create a ‘wellness’ service (Public Health England) and to strengthen both national and local leadership.
• The changes in the JSNA process.
AREAS TO BE INCLUDED
• The health and wellbeing challenges facing the local community e.g. ageing population, chronic illness, lifestyle and environmental related illnesses, health inequalities, quality of life.
• The role of Health and Wellbeing Boards in improving the health the local community.
• Partnership working and collaboration with local businesses.
• Working with Clinical Commissioning Groups to effectively commission health services.
• Public engagement and public health.
• The workshop will be delivered as a Master Class (approximately 2 hours) It is envisaged that, in the first instance, up to four sessions will be required a 12 month period.
• It is expected that each session will be delivered to an audience of up to 30 participants.
• The sessions will take place at Leicester City Council premises.
• It is essential that the training is delivered in plain English.
• There needs to be a reference to examples of lessons learnt from other localities.
• Delivery needs to be pitched appropriately for second and third tier managers from a diverse range of local authority service areas.
• If the masterclass is accompanied by supporting material, printing can be managed by Leicester City Council, if negotiated.
• Any materials should also be provided electronically so that they can be posted on the City Learning resource site to be used for internal purposes only.
WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS SHOULD:
• Set out the structure for the session.
• Have sufficient detail to illustrate the approach to be taken.
• Have examples of any materials to be used.
• Include design and delivery costs.
• Indicate estimated travel and accommodation expenses.
• Include a short profile of the presenter(s) who will be delivering the masterclass
The target group for the Masterclass Training Course are Divisional Directors, Heads of Service & Senior Service Managers.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Expressions of Interest|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
New Walk Centre,
LEICESTER LE1 6ZG