HealthWatch Gloucestershire Workshop
- From August 2012 “HealthWatch England” will be established by the Care Quality Commission to provide national leadership and ensure each local HealthWatch becomes a powerful and effective voice for users of Health and Social Care Services.
- Gloucestershire County Council
- HealthWatch Gloucestershire Workshop
- Healthwatch Gloucestershire Workshop
*Note this is an information event only (this is not a procurement)
As part of the Health reforms ( Health and Social Care Act 2012) Healthwatch will be introduced as a new independent consumer champion for people who use health and care services. HealthWatch’s role will be to champion the views and experiences of service users, carers and the wider public in health and care services to make meaningful improvements. It will operate at a national and local level. From August 2012 “HealthWatch England” will be established by the Care Quality Commission to provide national leadership and ensure each local HealthWatch becomes a powerful and effective voice for users of Health and Social Care Services.
Gloucestershire County Council is leading the development of arrangements locally and is commissioning a new organisation called “Healthwatch Gloucestershire” to be in place by April 1, 2013. This new organisation will be a “not for profit” corporate body.
Interested providers are invited to attend an information event to hear about the County Council’s commissioning proposals and to contribute to the development of the service model. Participants will have the opportunity to:
· hear about what local people want from Healthwatch Gloucestershire
· learn about the services that will be commissioned
· understand the timescale and process for commissioning
· ask questions
· contribute to the design of a service delivery model
· consider collaboration and joint working by meeting other organisations that they may wish to partner with for joint or consortium bids.
The outcome of this event will inform the development of the commissioning strategy.
Target audience – those with knowledge and experience of health and social care, eg:
· Voluntary and community sector organisations
· Community member based organisations
· Social Enterprises
· Advocacy providers
· Information and Advice Providers
· User Led Organisations
The date and venue is:
Monday 16 July 2012
We are limited in how many providers we can accommodate at the venue. In order to confirm your place at the workshop please complete and return the attached booking form by email to Christine.Wallace@glouces tershire.gov.uk by Monday 2nd July 2012.
More information about Healthwatch can be found on both the Department of Health and the Local Government Association websites.
If you want to discuss the objectives of the workshop further before making a booking please contact
Fiona Jones Outcomes Manager
If you are not local to Gloucestershire and/or are not able to attend the event, but would like to receive any information provided at the event and / or future updates please complete the booking form and return as above. All Gloucestershire County Council procurement opportunities will be advertised through www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk
- Mrs Susan Thompson
- Email Address:
- 01452 425470
- Shire Hall
- 18/06/2012 14:32
- 02/07/2012 17:30
- 0 (months)
- 0 (months)
|Attached/Link Name||Size||Date Uploaded|