To appoint a Provider to deliver the local Healthwatch service in Bedford Borough.
Bedford Borough Healthwatch Service
Bedford Borough Council
- Health and social work services – 85000000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£0 to £525,000
IT-380-3131-BBC AD 03131
26 September 2022
17 October 2022
Contract start date
9 January 2023
Contract end date
8 January 2028
Open procedure (below threshold)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Bedford Borough Council is seeking to appoint a Provider to deliver its local Healthwatch service in Bedford Borough. Healthwatch Bedford Borough is the local and independent health and social care consumer champion. One of its key roles is to inform and influence improvements within the health and social care system, both at a local and national level, based on consumer feedback and experience.
The aim of local Healthwatch is to give citizens and communities a stronger voice to influence and challenge how health and social care services are provided within their locality. The core objectives of this contract are to deliver the following local Healthwatch statutory duties (Health and Social Care Act 2012):
– Provide advice and information to the public about access to local care services and about choices available with respect to those services;
– Promote and support the involvement of local people (see section 9) in the commissioning, provision and scrutiny of local care services;
– Obtain the views of people about their need for and experience of local care services;
– Present the views of the public through the production of reports and recommendations about how local care services could or ought to be improved;
– Share this information with both local commissioners and providers and, when appropriate, national bodies such as Healthwatch England and Care Quality Commission, to have a positive impact on the standards of provision of local care services;
– Assist Healthwatch England to enable it to carry out its functions effectively, efficiently and economically.
The contract will be for five (5) years, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
- Additional information on how to apply for this contract
- Additional text
- To access this opportunity, you will need to Register an account with Bedford Borough Council’s In-tend at www.in-tendhost.co.uk/bedford/aspx/Home and search for this opportunity by the title of project reference:
Healthwatch Service Bedford Borough
(Project reference is BBC AD 03131)Tender closing date: 12:00:00 Noon on Monday 17th October, 2022.
Is a Recurrent Procurement Type? : Yes
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
- Gloucestershire Health and Social Care Framework – Virtual Event 21 September 2022
- NHS Health Checks – Approved Supplier List for Bristol City Council
- Procurement Function for Bedfordshire, Luton and Milton Keynes CCGs
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Occupational Therapy Services – Bromley