Healthwatch Tower Hamlets
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
- CE4345 Establishment of Healthwatch Tower Hamlets
- Contract Title:
Establishment of Healthwatch Tower Hamlets
The London Borough of Tower Hamlets (LBTH) is seeking expressions of interest from interested organisations for the above service
LBTH is inviting expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced organisations to set up and manage Healthwatch Tower Hamlets as laid out in the Health and Social Care Act 2012.
LBTH is committed to improving the public experience of health and social care services and is keen to build on the legacy of the Tower Hamlets Involvement Network. The organisation will need to be a social enterprise as required by the legislation and have a very good understanding of health and social care commissioning and delivery and be well versed in citizen engagement and empowerment. They should have strong knowledge of the Tower Hamlets community and experience of working with a diverse range of residents and groups (www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/jsna). We would expect to see a strong track record of successful networking with links to a wide range of local organisations and communities.
The organisation will be expected to:
– Build on the positive work of the Tower Hamlets Involvement Network and incorporate them within the new structure
– Undertake its legal duties as required by the Health and Social Care Act 2012
– Develop a new model which engages and involves a diverse range of local residents and groups in its work and pro-actively addresses any under representation
– Develops into a high profile local organisation recognised by a wide range of local stakeholders within the changing and health and social care environment
– Have a strong commitment to the formation of strategic partnerships and effective working relationships with organisations in the Tower Hamlets Partnership to address local health and social care priorities.
– Have access to suitable premises which is accessible to the public
– Comply with forthcoming local Healthwatch regulations to be published by the Department of Health
Any organisations interested in finding out more about Healthwatch are invited to a North East London Suppliers Event which will be held on 8 October from 1pm – 4.30 pm at Basinghall Suite, Guildhall Art Gallery, Gresham Street, EC2P 7HH. To R.S.V.P contact Katie Taylor by email: Katie.Taylor@cityoflondon.gov.uk or call on 020 7332 3836.
The anticipated contract start date is: 1st April 2013
The estimated value of the contract is:
£245,000 Annually (Subject to confirmation of funding in January 2013)
For a period of: 2 years with an option to extend for a further 2 years.
Organisations wishing to express their interest are requested to register on the London Tenders Portal via the link below, where the tender documentation will be available for download. You may be required to complete a Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ). Please allow sufficient time to register (at least 1 working day).
LBTH uses the e-tendering system, the London Tenders Portal, which is free of charge to suppliers and providers. (Double-click links on this page or copy and paste to your web browser)
LBTH accepts no liability for expressions of interest that are not received due to internet connectivity issues, transmission delays or errors.
Deadline for expression of interest:
Date: Friday 2November 2012
Deadline for PQQ Submission:
Date: Monday 12 November 2012
Time: 12:00 Noon
LBTH is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a supporter of Ethical Governance, our protocol can be found here along with Or via:
LBTH does not undertake to invite all applicants or bind itself to accept the lowest or any Tender. LBTH will not be liable for any costs incurred in tendering for this contract.
If you require any further information please contact:
Jay Bains on 0207 364 4015
- Mrs Jay Bains
- Email Address:
- 020 7364 4015
- 20 7364 4973
- 4th Floor Mulberry Place, Town Hall
5 Clove Crescent
- 01/10/2012 10:35
- 02/11/2012 17:00
- 24 (months)
- 24 (months)