Heat Networks Zoning Policy – Supplier Engagement Event
This research project may attract, but is not limited to, those with experience in climate change, housing, non-domestic properties, heating and energy efficiency.
Heat Network Zoning Research Event
UK SHARED BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
- Research and development consultancy services – 73200000
- Market and economic research; polling and statistics – 79300000
Location of contract
CR20041 Supplier Engagement Event
26 February 2021
5 March 2021
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
This notice seeks to inform interested suppliers that the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is planning to launch a tender for research to inform development and implementation of the Heat Networks Zoning policy.
The Department plans to hold a supplier engagement event before launching the invite to tender on Monday 8th March from 11:00-12:30 for this upcoming research opportunity.
The purpose of this event will be to:
• Provide suppliers with an overview of the research context and provide details on the proposed methodologies, timescales, and deliverables.
• Give suppliers the opportunity to ask questions about the project and provide feedback on the research scope, including its deliverability within the desired timeframe.
• Direct suppliers to guidance on registering for the CCS Research Marketplace (the framework through which this research will be commissioned) and define the filters that will be used to identify potential suppliers.
The supplier engagement event will be held via Microsoft Teams. If you would like to attend, please email Research@uksbs.couk with the subject line “CR20041- Heat Network Zoning Research Event”, by 16:00 Friday 6th March 2021 to receive an invite.
This research project may attract, but is not limited to, those with experience in climate change, housing, non-domestic properties, heating and energy efficiency. Those interested in conducting deliberative and survey research projects will also be interested in this opportunity.
- CR21041 Heat Networks Zoning Early Engagement.pdf
- Tender Notice
- Tender Notice
- Crown Commercial Services Research Marketplace DPS
- Additional text
- We propose that this research project is carried out in two phases. This would include:
Phase 1: Deliberative workshops with eligible buildings in-scope of the zoning policy (high-heat load non-domestic properties, non-domestic public sector properties, social housing providers and housing developers undertaking projects in the zone), social housing residents and local authorities responsible for the zones. These should be facilitated by an expert with an understanding of heat networks, including what they are and how they are developed.
Phase 2 (following phase 1): Survey of eligible buildings in-scope of the zoning policy, social housing residents and buildings which could be in-scope of the policy in future.
This is the preferred method for this research and will be outlined in greater depth at the supplier engagement event. We acknowledge that there may be other ways suppliers could meet the overall aims of this research project, and we encourage suppliers to raise suggestions for how the research objectives can be met.Procurement:
This contract will be procured via the CCS Research Marketplace. In order to receive an invitation to quote for this contract suppliers must be registered on the CCS Research Marketplace before 16th March. More information on the research marketplace will be given at this event, however interested suppliers are encouraged to register early in order to ensure their registration is in place by this date.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
Polaris House, North Star Avenue