London: market and economic research; polling and statistics
Heritage Lottery Fund Post Project Completion and Customer Care Surveys.
Section I: Contracting authority
Heritage Lottery Fund
7 Holbein Place
Contact point(s): Gail Fawcett and Tracy Lisamore
For the attention of: Gail Fawcett
SW1W 8NR London
Telephone: +44 2075916000
Fax: +44 2075916272
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.hlf.org.uk
Electronic access to information: http://http://www.hlf.org.uk/aboutus/FOI/Pages/Procurement.aspx
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 8: Research and development services
HLF is now operating under its third strategic plan, which began in April 2008. The plan lays out the programmes and criteria for funding projects between 2008 and 2013, along with the process of application, assessment, monitoring and evaluation. Under its Financial Directions HLF is required to have in place systems to monitor and evaluate the outputs and outcomes of projects which we have funded and to assess the effectiveness of our processes for awarding and managing grants.
The monitoring and evaluation programme we have in place to meet this direction includes the following: -.
— a self completion questionnaire used by projects to record their compliance with the terms of their grant contracts,
— a second questionnaire filled in by applicants which allows them to record performance against a core set of standard outputs such as visit numbers and volunteers,
— a telephone survey of grant recipients whose funded projects have recently been completed,
— a telephone survey of grant applicants who have recently received a decision about an application for funding.
The Pre Qualification Questionnaire is available on the HLF website. The purpose of this PQQ is for the service/goods provider to provide sufficient information for HLF to decide whether to invite the service provider to submit a tender for the above project.
79300000, 79310000, 79315000
Range: between 250 000,00 and 300 000,00 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: Confidentiality.
The Consultant agrees to keep and to ensure that its personnel shall keep all information disclosed to the Consultant or of which the Consultant has become or becomes aware as a result of performance of the Services (including for example the content of any interviews conducted by the Consultant) and any confidential information regarding the operations, business, affairs or finances of NHMF or those with which NHMF works, those it funds and/or applicants for funding (“the Confidential Information”), strictly secret and confidential and not at any time for any reason whatsoever (whether before or after termination or expiry of this Agreement) to use or to disclose the Confidential Information or any part of it to any third party except as permitted here under to enable the Consultant to carry out the Services.
The Consultant shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend NHMF from and against any or all direct liabilities, claims, proceedings, damages, charges and reasonable expenses incurred or paid whatsoever by NHMF arising out of or as a direct consequence of a breach by the Consultant of the provisions of this Agreement.
Assignment and Subcontracting.
The Consultant shall not assign or subcontract any obligation under this Agreement without the express prior written consent of NHMF.
1. Neither party shall be liable to the other in respect of anything which, apart from this provision, may constitute a breach of this Agreement arising by reason of force majeure, namely, circumstances outside that party’s reasonable control including (but not limited to) fire, flood, storm, sabotage, delays in transportation, strikes or lock-outs, riot, war, rebellion or acts of local government or parliamentary authority.
2. Each party shall give notice as soon as practicable to the other upon becoming aware of an event of force majeure which prevents that party from performing its obligations under this Agreement, and of the cessation of the said event. Such party shall in addition use all reasonable endeavours to minimise the effect of the event of force majeure on its performance of its obligations under this Agreement.
The Consultant hereby:
(a) irrevocably assigns to NHMF with full title guarantee the worldwide copyright (including database right), whether vested, contingent or future, in any material, report or other document produced as part of the Services, for the full period thereof, including any extensions or renewals, and including all rights of action accrued at the date of this assignment or which may accrue hereafter,
(b) undertakes to do all acts and execute all documents drafted or prepared by the Consultant for NHMF which may be necessary to confirm the title of NHMF to the copyright assigned,
(c) warrants that it has not, and shall not, grant or assign any rights of any nature in any material, report or other document produced as part of the Services to any third party whatsoever in any part of the world,
(d) warrants that copyright in any material, report or other document produced as part of the Services is assigned to NHMF free of all moral rights,
(e) warrants that it is or shall be the sole and unencumbered owner of all copyright in any material, report or other document produced as part of the Services and that nothing in them (or any exploitation thereof by NHMF) will infringe any right whatsoever of any third party,
(f) warrants that it has all the applicable permissions and licenses and has fulfilled any other relevant requirements required to copy and provide to NHMF any third party documentation or information in whatever format (“Documentation”) provided as part of the Services, and that any Documentation shall be appropriately labelled as such where not immediately identifiable.
The Consultant shall carry and maintain during the performance of this Agreement Public Liability and Employer’s Liability Insurance covering the place where services are to be performed and such other insurance coverage as may be required to insure against losses or damages to NHMF’s personnel, property or production caused by the Consultant’s activities. The Consultant shall, at its sole expense, maintain in effect at all times during the performance of its obligations hereunder insurance coverage with limits not less than those set forth below with insurers and under forms of policies satisfactory to NHMF.
a. Public Liability and Employer’s Liability insurance for the risks described and in the sum of at least 1 000 000 GBP.
b. Professional Indemnity insurance for the risks described and in the sum of at least 500 000 GBP.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(6) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
— high level of IT skills and IT infrastructure with the capacity to present results in the required software formats of excel, csv and SPSS,
— strong track record in quantitative research,
— previous experience of handling large-scale postal surveys,
— previous experience of handling large-scale web-based surveys,
— previous experience of handling large-scale anonymous telephone surveys,
— capacity to undertake interviews using the either Textphone or Typetalk facilities.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
Web-based and data capture and coding of open-ended questions to BS5750 or equivalent.
— BSEN 1509001:2000,
— IOCS Accreditation or equivalent,
— examples of large-scale postal surveys involving min 1 000 respondents,
— examples of large-scale web-based surveys involving min 1 000 respondents,
— examples of large-scale anonymous telephone surveys involving min 1 000 respondents.
Section IV: Procedure
Payable documents: no
Section VI: Complementary information
Estimated timing for further notices to be published: December 2015.
The PPQ is available, as an Excel spreadsheet, in Welsh and English on the HLF website under the About us section. See www.hlf.org.uk ‘.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:1.12.2011