HM Treasury ICT Services Market Testing
As this is a new operating model for Government ICT HM Treasury is proactively seeking feedback from the market on our proposed model. We intend to test with the market both our proposed operating model and the individual requirements and contracts.
United Kingdom-London: Computer equipment and supplies
Prior information notice
Section I: Contracting authority
1 Horse Guards Road
Contact point(s): Joint Workplace Solutions, ICT2015 Project Team
SW1A 2HQ London
Telephone: +44 2072706556
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II.B: Object of the contract (Supplies or services)
NUTS code UK
1. HM Treasury is the UK finance and economics ministry and sits at the heart of Government. Our central role in maintaining control over public spending, setting the direction of the UK’s economic policy and working to achieve strong and sustainable economic growth means that we need to work with people and organisations across a broad range of sectors and be able to respond rapidly to issues as they arise. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) underpins the delivery of all our work from delivering the Budget to improving regulation of the financial sector to protect customers and the economy. In the last 5 years ICT has been a critical enabler of our ability to respond to events such as the global economic crisis. It has also enabled us to transform the way people in HM Treasury work, becoming a leader within central government for the way we work flexibly and use our workplace.
2. HM Treasury has established the ICT 2015 programme to deliver a replacement for its primary Restricted and small Unclassified ICT services when the current contract expires at the end of January 2015. Services are currently provided primarily by a single outsource provider who is responsible for the delivery of the Restricted and Unclassified network, hosting, applications, development, service, and end user computing. To ensure alignment with the current direction of Government ICT, to encourage SME participation and to deliver efficiencies in its supply chain the Department intends to break up this single provider arrangement into a number of discrete contracts.
3. The programme will deliver services to around 1200 people in one central London site and a further 35 in Norwich plus services to our London Business Continuity site. All future services should be fully scalable as it is possible that other government delivery organisations could be on-boarded over time and the size of the Treasury will change.
4. As this is a new operating model for Government ICT HM Treasury is proactively seeking feedback from the market on our proposed model. We intend to test with the market both our proposed operating model and the individual requirements and contracts. The objective of this exercise is to seek feedback on our proposals and to test the ability of the market to respond. To these ends we will host a number of supplier days and run feedback exercises in autumn 2013.
5. This PIN and corresponding prospectus and the entirety of their contents are provided to inform the market of the current developing strategy for ICT 2015. Any references to specific routes to market, contract structures and tower models / solutions are “Work in Progress”, subject to change at the sole discretion of HM Treasury.
6. More information on this procurement and information on registering for supplier days is available on Contracts Finder at: https://online.contractsfinder.businesslink.gov.uk/Common/View%20Notice.aspx?site=1000&lang=en&NoticeId=1056389
30200000, 30213300, 48500000, 48600000, 48800000, 48822000, 72212900, 51600000, 51610000, 51612000, 72251000, 72254000, 72260000, 72261000, 72267000, 72268000, 72610000, 72611000, 72720000, 72710000, 30237110, 32400000, 32412000, 32412100, 32412110, 32412120, 32413000, 32417000, 32413100, 32421000, 32422000, 32423000, 32424000, 32425000, 32426000, 32427000, 32428000, 32580000, 32581000, 32581100, 32581110, 32581120, 32581130, 32582000, 30120000, 30121000, 30121100, 30121200, 30121300, 30232100, 30232110, 30232130, 30124500, 48318000, 30216110, 50341000, 32324000, 32324100, 32324300, 32324600, 50343000, 51314000, 51310000, 51312000, 92200000, 92220000, 92224000, 32232000, 32300000, 32320000, 32323000, 32323100, 32323200, 48514000, 48515000, 30231300, 30231310, 32351200
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.4)Date of dispatch of this notice:8.8.2013