Home Office Safety of Women at Night Grant Funding
The Secretary of State for the Home Department, acting through the Neighbourhood Crime Unit, intends to make an amount up to £5,000,000 of grant funding available.
Safety of Women at Night (SWAN)
- Provision of services to the community – 75200000
- Civic betterment and community facility support services – 98133100
- Miscellaneous services – 98300000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£10,000 to £300,000
21 July 2021
1 September 2021
Contract start date
2 September 2021
Contract end date
31 March 2022
Competitive dialogue (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
The Secretary of State for the Home Department (the “Authority”), acting through the Neighbourhood Crime Unit, intends to make an amount up to £5,000,000 of grant funding available. Approximately £0.5M of the funding will be reserved for support to successful areas, evaluation and other activity to support delivery of the fund, with the remaining £4.5M available to Local Authorities, Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) in England and Wales, the Chief Constable of the British Transport Police, and civil society (charities, community and voluntary organisations, social enterprises and cooperatives) to submit a bid. This funding will be granted during 2021-22 financial year and all allocations must be spent by 31 March 2022. The Funding is to be awarded through a fair, open and transparent competition by means of a Call for Proposals and will support bidders to invest in interventions to improve the safety of women in public spaces at night, including in the night-time economy.
The main aims of the fund are:
• Reduce incidents of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in public spaces at night, including in the night-time economy.
• Reduce the fear of VAWG and improve feelings of safety in public spaces at night, including in the night-time economy.
• Build an evidence base for what works in improving women’s safety in public spaces at night, including in the night-time economy.
- Additional text
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE START DATE FOR FUNDING IS 1 APRIL 2021 AND NOT THE 02/09/21, AS STATED ABOVE.
The process leading to the award of the grant will be administered using the Home Office eSourcing portal. To take part in this grant funding opportunity please see the notice below which provides important instructions for registration on the portal. Please read all information in this notice carefully. Please also find attached guidance for using the eSourcing portal.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer