ICT Managed Services Pension Protection Fund
The Board of the Pension Protection Fund (PPF) is issuing this Notice for its ICT Managed services. The new service is due to go live in April 2013.
UK-Croydon: computer-related services
Section I: Contracting authority
Pension Protection Fund (PPF)
Knollys House, 17 Addiscombe Road
Contact point(s): Finance
For the attention of: Colin McAlpine
CR0 6SR Croydon
Telephone: +44 2086335923
Fax: +44 2086334903
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.pensionprotectionfund.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA4941
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 7: Computer and related services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Croydon, Surrey.
NUTS code UK
It is expected that the scope of this project will include, but is not limited to, the following:
In-depth knowledge of managing a CESG Accredited GSI network (up to Impact Level 3), Desktop support services for up to 250 users located in South London, Creation of a satellite office for up to 100 users, Server support for PPF infrastructure, SaaS, G-Cloud services, Application management, Hosting and management of PPF’s development environment (up to 70 users), Remote access system for up to 100 concurrent users, PPF Website support and maintenance (this will include support for a Pensions admin service and a members portal for up to 100 000 users).
PPF Intranet support and maintenance, PPF Extranet support and maintenance, Service desk function, Telephone and call recording service, Call Centre Telephony, Communication services (Video conferencing on demand), Backup, recovery, and archiving service, Hardware maintenance for all equipment, LAN, WAN, Internet service, Secure Mobile Communications Service, Reporting and Auditing service, IT continuity service / DR service, Desktop refresh, Applications support, Pro-active issue resolution.
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the myTenders Web Site at http://www.myTenders.org/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=86273.
The awarding authority has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via a ‘Tender Submission Postbox’ facility. Further details of this facility are available at http://www.myTenders.org/PostBox/Postbox_Explain.aspx?ID=86273.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems. The postbox closes precisely at the time stated.
Description of these options: The Contract term is expected to be four years with two options to extend for up to two years each, i.e. 4+2+2.
Provisional timetable for recourse to these options:
in months: 48 (from the award of the contract)
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(3) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(4) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Not applicable.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(4) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
(5) All candidates will be required to demonstrate that they comply with ISO27001.
(6) All candidates will be required to demonstrate experience of providing GSI-compliant services and provide two named references.
(7) All candidates will be required to demonstrate compliance with ITIL best practice standards (or equivalent).
(8) All candidates are required to complete a Capability Assessment (please refer to: “Additional Documents”) by the due date of 30.3.2012.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Please note that when evaluating the submissions the Board will also take into account whether all of the requirements of the Conditions of Participation have been met, such as whether all the additional documentation requested has been included with the submission. The economic operator may be asked to clarify their answers or provide more details.
The Board may disqualify any economic operators who:
i. fail to provide an “acceptable or “satisfactory” response to any questions in the submission or inadequately or incorrectly completes any question;
ii. submit its completed Conditions of Participation (or any part of) after the deadline;
iii. achieve a FAIL in the Compliance Review.
Please note that evaluation of tenders at the award stage will be undertaken in accordance with the award criteria that will be published in the Invitation to Tender.
Section VI: Complementary information
In relation to Section III.2, Conditions for Participation, candidates should e-mail email@example.com the appropriate supporting documentation and confirmation of compliance with all criteria by the stated deadline (see IV.3.4).Candidates wishing to express their interest in the provision of these services are also required to complete a Capability Assessment (attached under “Additional Documents”) by the due date of 31st March 2012.
NOTE: The Board anticipate using a number of standard provisions in our legal agreement which are available on request. We should be grateful if you could indicate whether any of these provisions would provide an obstacle to your being in a position to tender. A copy is available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are expected to supply all required information, or clearly state the reason for being unable to do so.
Any assumptions used in preparing responses should be clearly stated. Candidates are required to express their interest by the due date following which the ITT will only be issued to a short-list of those candidates that meet the Conditions for Participation.
All questions should be submitted to this email address: email@example.com. Any queries should state your organisation name, OJEU notice number and clearly reference any appropriate paragraph in the documentation and, to the extent possible, should be aggregated rather than sent individually.
NOTE: The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000 which came into force on 1.1.2005 applies to the contracting authority. If any tenderer considers that any information supplied by them is either commercially sensitive or confidential in nature, this should be highlighted and the reasons for its sensitivity specified.
NOTE: If you do not get a response within two working days of initially contacting the Board, it is the candidate’s responsibility to re contact the Board.
Any resultant contract shall be made in English and according to English Law and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.