Immersive Platform for 360 Degree Video – Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
DVSA wants to explore the use of 360 degree video in creating a variety of engaging, immersive materials.
Immersive platform for 360-degree video
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency
- Software package and information systems – 48000000
- E-learning services – 80420000
Location of contract
Value of contract
K280021276 / Jaggaer: tender_260
3 February 2021
19 February 2021
Contract start date
19 March 2021
Contract end date
18 March 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Over the last 15 months DVSA has explored the use of immersive technology to train its staff to test and inspect vehicles. At the heart of the exploration was a showcase that:
• used an Oculus Quest headset and a Unity based immersive solution to share 3D vehicle content,
• placed the user in a vehicle workshop, able to choose from 5 scenarios (different buses and trucks),
• presented the user with different wheels, tyres and hubs for each scenario,
• allowed the user to identify vehicle defects using a variety of tools and scored them on what they found.
Along with other work, the showcase has started a conversation in DVSA about the potential of immersive technology. This was reflected in the DVSA Annual Review (p21).
We have approval to broaden this exploration into other technologies and potential use cases in 2021/22. To achieve this, we will procure:
• a 360-degree video camera,
• a cloud based immersive platform,
• VR headsets to use with the immersive platform.
Our requirement is short term, and will help justify subsequent project work into immersive enterprise and technology decisions. Longer term commercial opportunities for immersive platform suppliers may result from this.
DVSA wants to explore the use of 360 degree video in creating a variety of engaging, immersive materials. This will help different parts of the organisation realise the potential of immersive technology to deliver better services.
So, the requirement is for an immersive platform solution that:
-> allows the import of 360-degree video (and other content)
-> enables non-technical professionals to easily create engaging materials based on the video
-> allows the immersive materials to be used on a variety of devices, locally or remotely
-> gives administrators the ability to grant access to single and multi-user sessions
-> includes cloud hosting
-> ensures privacy and security
To apply, register with Jaggaer via https://dft.app.jaggaer.com/ and search for Project: tender_260 – Immersive platform for 360 degree video.
- Additional text
- This project will go live on Friday 5th February 2021
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer