2 Lots. Lot 1 – scale and embed training and support for teachers (and other practitioners in educational settings).
Improving Financial Wellbeing through Teacher and Practitioner Training and Targeted Provision open Grant Call
Money and Pensions Service
- Education and training services – 80000000
- Primary education services – 80100000
- Secondary education services – 80200000
Location of contract
Any region, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland
Value of contract
12 October 2022
10 November 2022
Contract start date
3 January 2023
Contract end date
31 March 2024
Open procedure (below threshold)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
MaPS is making £1.45m available funding over the current and subsequent financial years – £600,000 in 22/23 and £850,000 in 23/24. to support projects that develop and test approaches to improving the provision of financial education in schools and for children and young people in vulnerable circumstances.
The funding will be made available as award of Grants in 2 Lots:
Lot 1 – scale and embed training and support for teachers (and other practitioners in educational settings) in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland (Teacher Training)
Lot 2 – improve financial education for children and young people in vulnerable circumstances across all nations of the UK (practitioner training and targeted provision for children and young people in vulnerable circumstances).
– School governors, Academy trustees and leadership teams of Multi-Academy Trusts
– School leaders and their senior team
– Subject leaders or curriculum leads for financial education or other relevant subjects
– Classroom teachers across a variety of subjects and phases
– Other school staff including those providing pastoral support and careers education
– Local authorities
– School improvement bodies and networks.
Successful bidders will be required to work collaboratively with MaPS and our Strategic Evaluation Partner to support the evaluation of projects funded through this programme. This will include requirements to assist with data collection and the development of key findings and insights.
It is expected that projects will commence in early January 2023 and run to end March 2024, including development and evaluation.
Further details are contained within the Grants Application pack available from the MaPS e-sourcing portal Jaggaer located at https://maps.app.jaggaer.com/ (Reference: 22-138G) and Find a Grant site: https://www.find-government-grants.service.gov.uk/. Registration on the Jaggaer sourcing portal is required.
MaPs will hold a clarification meeting on the 18 October 2022 10am via Microsoft Teams. If you would like to attend, please send a request via the messaging function of the Jaggaer portal.
- Additional text
- To access this Opportunity, please visit the MaPS eProcurement Portal and register as a Supplier, if you are not already registered.
You will then be able to see the Opportunity notice, which will allow you to register your interest and view the associated documents.
MaPS eProcurement Portal
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.