Expressions of interest are invited from suitably experienced organisations who wish to quote for the provision of an Insurance Broking Service to Reading Borough Council.
The key objectives for the brokerage service are:
· To provide an ongoing full advisory and broking support service to the Council on all aspects of insurance and risk management and to improve the presentation of its risk profile to the insurance market
· Assist the Council in carrying out a full re-tendering exercise of the Council’s main insurance portfolio for 1 April 2013 in full compliance with the Public Contract Regulations 2006 (as amended)
· Assist in a funding strategy and advise on appropriate levels of funding required for future risk retention
The contract, which is due to start in June 2012, will be for an initial period of four years with an option to extend for up to a further 12 month period. The estimated annual value of the contract is circa £10,000 per year.
This is a competitive procurement exercise being conducted in accordance with the Council’s Contracts Procedure Rules. The services are to be procured under an open procedure and organisations interested in expressing an interest should download the Invitation to Quote (ITQ) documents which are available on the South East Business Portal – see attachments below, and complete as instructed.
Please make sure you have all the documents that form part of the ITQ process:
- Invitation to Quote Document
- Terms and Conditions of Contract
- Quotation Return Label
Please note: you must register your interest via the South East Business Portal and/or directly by e-mail: Derek.firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to submit a quote; we will acknowledge receipt. If your organisation has not registered an expression of interest we will not be able to send you any amendments to the ITQ documents, or send you responses to requests for ITQ clarification from other potential candidates.
The closing date and time for receipt of completed quotes is Friday 30 March 2012 at 12.00 noon. Quotes must be completed and submitted in hard copy using the return label provided to the below address:
Reading Borough Council
Corporate Resources – Accountancy Section
Reading RG1 7AE
Att Derek Crisp – Principal Accountant
Reading Borough Council does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any quote subsequently received.