Internal Audit Services Birmingham
The process adopted by the Board in reviewing the effectiveness of the system of internal control, together with some of the key elements of the control framework includes: Environment and control procedures, Appropriately qualified staff, Identification and evaluation of key risks, Information and financial reporting systems.
United Kingdom-Rubery: Internal audit services
Section I: Contracting authority
WM Housing Group Ltd
Ground Floor, One Parklands, Birmingham
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Paul Heffernan
B45 9PZ Rubery
Telephone: +44 1214574611
Fax: +44 1214574601
General address of the contracting authority: www.wmhousing.co.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA11921
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 9: Accounting, auditing and bookkeeping services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: England.
NUTS code UK
In meeting its responsibilities, the Board has adopted a risk-based approach to internal controls which are embedded within the normal management and governance process. This approach includes the regular evaluation of the nature and extent of risks to which the Group is exposed. The risk assessments are updated at least annually and reported to the Board.
The process adopted by the Board in reviewing the effectiveness of the system of internal control, together with some of the key elements of the control framework includes:
Environment and control procedures
Appropriately qualified staff
Identification and evaluation of key risks
Information and financial reporting systems
Monitoring and corrective action
The Group uses internal audit reviews of the systems for reporting on the effectiveness of its internal controls. A summary of internal audit reports is presented to the Group’s Audit & Risk Committee at least twice per year. Internal Audit differs from other sources of assurance in that it can provide independent and objective assurance across the whole range of an organisation’s activities.This procurement excersise seeks to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified auditor, who is able to best demonstrate the abilities required to meet our expectations.
However, no business whatsoever is guaranteed under any resulting agreement or Contract indeed there is no guarantee that any agreement or contract will be put in place in relation to this notice. No compensation etc will be paid if a tender or resulting agreement is withdrawn for any reason. Applicants should take part in this process only on the basis that they fully understand and accept this position.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 250 000 and 300 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
As detailed in the PQQ.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
As detailed in the PQQ.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required: Candidates must be able to demonstrate sufficient capacity to provide a sustainable and viable service.
(1) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(2) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
As detailed in the PQQ.
Minimum level(s) of standards possibly required:
WMHG seek a service provider with a proven and established track record.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: Selection of those invited to participate will be via the authorities Pre Qualification Questionnaire and as set out in the Memorandum of Information. WMHG anticipates that on completion of the PQQ assessment, no fewer than FIVE applicants who have achieved the highest scores will be selected to be invited to tender. However, WMHG reserves the option to select more than Five organisations to be invited to tender, if for example there are marginal differences in scores at, or there is a tie for Fifth place.
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:24.7.2013