Avon Fire Authority is seeking a managed service provider that will work with them to provide a functional, modern, reliable, available, stable, consistent, and cost-effective IT service.
Provision of IT and Digital Managed Services
Avon Fire and Rescue Service
- Information technology services – 72222300
Location of contract
Value of contract
£2,500,000 to £4,000,000
21 October 2022
21 November 2022
Contract start date
22 November 2022
Contract end date
23 November 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Avon Fire Authority (‘Authority’) is seeking a managed service provider that will work with them to provide a functional, modern, reliable, available, stable, consistent, and cost-effective IT service. We also require a provider that will work with us to develop new solutions to assist with our digital transformation programme and ensure we are an organisation that is fit for the future and continually evolving.
We are seeking a Managed Service Provider who will relish the opportunity to work with us to achieve our digital ambitions to improve our service both internally and to the wider community. We require a contractor who will work in partnership with us to provide the following:
• A helpdesk and technical support for all staff, in all AF&RS locations, including equipment on operational vehicles. There is also a requirement to assist and support staff with remote and home working.
• Out of core hours support for emergency fault resolution, major incident resolution and management. Noting that as an emergency service 24/7, availability is crucial.
• Specialist strategic and technical advice on all IT related matters, including information security.
• Provision of development services including identifying opportunities for and deliver improvements to IT and business processes, workflows, automate repetitive tasks and minimise the risks of errors.
• Provide technical input and expertise into the development of AF&RS’s IT Strategy (noting that the IT Strategy is owned by the client side team).
• Supporting significant projects and organisational changes taking place that may involve the IT provision within AF&RS.
• An onsite presence (during core hours as defined later in this document but not out of hours) at Service Headquarters for the distribution of IT and mobile phone assets, on-site support to Fire Authority elected members, and at Fire Authority meetings.
- Avon Fire Authority (‘Authority’) is seeking a managed service provider that will work with them to provide a functional, modern, reliable, available, stable, consistent, and cost-effective IT service.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.