Kent County Council Hard Facilities Management Services Contract 2022-2032
The procurement process seeks to deliver property maintenance, management and helpdesk services through a Hard FM Services Contract.
Suppliers should “register their interest” in this opportunity. Once registered you will automatically gain access to the SQ and supporting documentation which needs to be completed and submitted by 21st May 2021 at 12:00 midday.
The procurement process seeks to deliver property maintenance, management & helpdesk services through a Hard FM Services Contract. You will find more detail about the process in the Positioning Statement issued with the SQ
The Authority is seeking to appoint a supplier to work in partnership and contribute towards a constructive collaborative working relationship to deliver on the transformation of the Authority’s estate, delivering on its net zero carbon commitment over the contract term.
The duration of the contract is expected to be 10 years (excluding mobilisation) with break options at years 5 and 8
The estimated contract value for services over the full term is circa £220M (taking account of non-core services such as cap ex/projects work and third party spend).
The scope includes:
• A robust and comprehensive service mobilisation
• The provision of a Contract Manager and management team
• The provision of an integrated helpdesk and CAFM system for the management of the Hard FM Services, and in addition the management of calls for soft services that will be delivered by third parties
• The development of forward maintenance plans
• The management and delivery of routine and reactive maintenance services (subject to a semi-comprehensive financial threshold)
• The management and delivery of works projects
• The provision of accurate, robust and consistent management information and reporting
The full scope can be found in the draft Schedule 1- Specification
The procurement is being undertaken by KCC as lead Authority on behalf of itself, but services may be delivered to any council-maintained school or any school which is a contracting authority pursuant to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, or any other public body in Kent.
The procurement will be a Competitive Procedure with Negotiation and as such the Authority’s minimum requirements are identified. The ITT will set out any pricing assumptions to be made for tendering purposes and in anticipation of a negotiation stage, the matters on which the Authority envisages negotiation
The Authority intends to award the Contract by March/April 22, for commencement of service delivery on or before 1st November 22 following an appropriate mobilisation and transition period
A more detailed programme can be found in the Selection Questionnaire
Refer to the Positioning Statement for details on:-
• The current property portfolio to which this opportunity will apply
• The future estates strategy
• The Hard Facilities Management Services
• Education Estate including compliance and capital works and reactive maintenance
• Interface requirements between Hard and Soft FM services and service providers, helpdesk and interface agreements
• The procurement process
Estimated contract dates
Expression of interest window
From 29/03/2021 16:30 to 21/05/2021 12:00