Kinship Peer to Peer Support Services – Bidders Event 24 August 2021
Department for Education are looking for a provider to set up and deliver peer to peer support groups for kinship carers in areas of most need across the country.
Department for Education
- Community action programme – 85322000
Location of contract
Value of contract
12 August 2021
13 September 2021
Contract start date
1 November 2021
Contract end date
31 October 2022
Open procedure (OJEU)
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Department for Education are looking for a provider to set up and deliver peer to peer support groups for kinship carers in areas of most need across the country. The contract is due to commence on 1 November 2021 and will be for an initial period of 1 year with a further optional extension of 1 year.
Kinship carers play a vital role in caring for children who may otherwise have entered care, but many struggle emotionally, physically and financially due to the caring responsibilities they take on. Currently there is uneven provision of local support groups for kinship carers: some localities offer no provision, some commission groups that are restricted to kinship carers with legal orders for their children, while in other parts of the country local support groups are peer-led and open to all. Through this funding we want to build the foundations for high-quality peer support across the country.
It is the Department for Education’s intention to hold a bidders event on Tuesday 24 August 2021 11:00 – 13:30 to provide further details about the contract and service requirements, as well as providing the opportunity to ask any questions. For those unable to attend, the notes from the event will be shared with all those who have registered for the opportunity on Jaggaer.
To register for this event please access the Invitation to Tender through the Jaggaer Portal (https://education.app.jaggaer.com) and use the message facility to provide the names and email addresses of those who wish to attend, to allow a link to be sent out ahead of the event.
This event will be held online using the platform Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to attend the market engagement webinar please express your interest by no later than 17:00 on Friday 20 August 2021.
- Additional text
- 3 The Contracting Authority for Education (DfE) will be administering the procurement process electronically via the DfE e-Procurement Solution (ePS) portal; Jaggaer. No hard copy documents will be issued and all communications with DfE (including final submission of tenders) will be conducted via the Jaggaer Portal. Bidders can register here:
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer
- Replacement Care Services – Staffordshire – Market Development Provider Event 2 September 2021
- Provider List for Break Time, Home Care and Short Breaks Services – Engagement Session 7 May 2021
- Virtual Market Engagement Event for Providers of Specialist Services for Disabled Children
- Short Breaks Market Provider Event 3 November 2020