Laboratory Analysis Work 2021-2022
The work is particularly focussed on tin-tungsten-copper mineralisation.
Deep Digital Cornwall: Provision of Geochemical Sample Analysis Services
University of Exeter
- Analysis services – 71620000
- Technical analysis or consultancy services – 71621000
Location of contract
Value of contract
£0 to £75,000
29 April 2021
1 June 2021
Contract start date
15 June 2021
Contract end date
31 January 2022
Contract is suitable for SMEs?
Contract is suitable for VCSEs?
Cornwall Resources Limited (CRL), in support of work under the Deep Digital Cornwall (DDC) project, are seeking bids from accredited laboratories for laboratory analysis work planned to take place during Q3 2021. The work is particularly focussed on tin-tungsten-copper mineralisation, which analyses are of greatest importance. Analytical services are expected to be required from June 2021 until early 2022.
Bids should be based on the following criteria:
• Analysis of approximately 2,500 soil samples
• Price should be expressed on a cost per sample basis
• Samples will each be around 1kg and will consist of moist soil with rock fragments
• Preparation at the lab;
o Dried and sieved to separate the selected size fraction for analysis. (this may for example be +125 – 250 µm)
o Analytes should be prepared from this fraction, using sodium peroxide fusion.
o Samples will be analysed via ICP-MS
• Analysis will be for a minimum of 53 elements; Ag, As, B, Ba, Be, Bi, Ca, Cd, Ce, Co, Cs, Cu, Dy, Fr, Eu, Fee, Ga, Gd, Ge, Ho, In, K, La, Li, Lu, Mg, Mn, Mo, Nb, Nd, Ni, Pb, Pr, Rb, Re, Sb, Se, Sm, Sn, Sr, Ta, Tb, Te, Th, Ti, Tl, Tm, U, V, W, Y, Yb, Zn
• Lower and upper detection limits should be stated and must be appropriate for soil samples
• Sample status should preferably be trackable in real time
• QA/QC protocols should be included
• Turn-around time from sample receipt to delivery of results should be specified
• Costs for disposal of unused portion of sample, and/or return to client should also be included
• Bids should specify per-sample costings for prep and analysis and any batch costs for other items such as administration, customs, transport or storage.
How to apply
Follow the instructions given in the description or the more information section.
About the buyer