Landscape Maintenance Contract Glasgow
Glen Oaks Housing Association: Landscape Maintenance Contract 2013-18.
UK-Glasgow: landscaping work
Section I: Contracting authority
Glen Oaks Housing Association Ltd
3 Kilmuir Drive, Arden
For the attention of: Donald Weir
G46 8BW Glasgow
Telephone: +44 1416202707
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA15182
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Glasgow G46.
NUTS code UK
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=242708.
Glen Oaks Housing Association is a not-for-profit Housing Association, who own 1 223 tenanted and factor a further 179 flats/ houses in Arden, Darnley and North Pollok, Glasgow.
Description of these options: The contract for landscaping maintenance services is for the period 1.4.2013 to 31.3.2016, with options to extend the contract annually to 31.3.2017 and 31.3.2018.
Number of possible renewals: 2
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Description of particular conditions: It is expected that the Candidate Contractor: is experienced in terms of local Housing Association/ Co-operative contracts of a similar size and nature; has an appropriately skilled and qualified workforce; is adequately resourced; has the ability to respond quickly and flexibly; has the appropriate technical knowledge; can maintain service continuity/ presence; has the appropriate organisational and financial standing to be considered for carrying out the works. The successful contractor will also be expected to: employ effective KPI performance, reporting and monitoring systems; a sustainable pricing strategy and a Quality Management system to ensure there is a clearly identified quality controller and that quality is managed effectively. Support for ‘wider role’ and/ or community benefit initiatives will also be expected.
Candidate contractors will also be expected to meet the criteria and provide the information outlined on the attached pre-qualification questionnaire, which is to be downloaded from this site and completed for return in hard copy and on CD to Glen Oaks Housing Association Ltd on/ by Monday 26.11.2012 at 12noon.
Candidate contractors must have the ability to provide evidence of experience of completion of a minimum of three similar contracts in the past three years and Glen Oaks Housing Association Ltd must be permitted to obtain references from the respective Employer(s).
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Candidates will be expected to have an average minimum turnover of 100 000 GBP p/a over the last three years and no net losses during those three years.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract.
(2) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(3) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(4) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 40
2. Quality. Weighting 60
Section VI: Complementary information
Candidate contractors must submit the pre-qualification questionnaire, which is to be downloaded from this site and completed for return in hard copy and on CD to Glen Oaks Housing Association Ltd on/ by Monday 26.11.2012 at 12noon. Do not submit by e-mail.
Questionnaires will be scored in accordance with the marks stated at the head of each section. The pre-qualification scores for sections 6.0 – 13.0 inclusive will be evaluated to determine the candidate contractors to be invited to submit a quality/ cost tender. The best five candidate contractors who pass the thresholds and with the highest percentage scores of or above 50 % will be invited to tender. Other candidate contractors who score 60 % or above will also be invited to tender.
For the successful candidate contractors invited to tender, evaluation of a future Stage 2 quality questionnaire (TQQ) and price tender will be to reach a percentage score as follows:
(1) Price (tender)- deducting 1 % from 100 for every percentage point each tender is in excess of the lowest tender, prior to weighting.
(2) Quality- in accordance with the criteria and marks stated in the TQQ and converted to a percentage, prior to weighting.
(3) Price/ Quality percentage scores will evaluated on a 40 % tender price/ 60 % tender quality basis to determine the total score and the preferred candidate contractor.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:22.10.2012