Leadership Training Course Leicester
Leading by Example: Effective Leadership in Contemporary Organisations and Models of Behaviour – Masterclass.
Awarding body Leicester City Council
|Est. Start Date:||28/09/2012|
|Est. End Date:||27/09/2013|
PURPOSE OF THIS EVENT
• This suite forms part of the Leicester Leader offer which sets out a new leadership culture of continuous development and improvement to help change the way people feel about working for the Council.
• We would expect the event to provide some theoretical, challenging, even research based content to get managers and leaders thinking about what other organisations are doing when they handle current problems and plan for future.
• Leicester City Council managers should receive an insight into the successful leadership practices of some contemporary organisations.
AS A RESULT OF THIS EVENT, DELEGATES WILL BE ABLE TO
• Managers will have acquired knowledge that allows them to consider where Leicester City Council is and where it needs to be in order to be a more successful organisation.
AREAS TO BE INCLUDED
Based on some evidence-based research, we would want these sessions to address the questions of:
• Identifying successful contemporary organisations: what can LCC learn from them?
• What is effective leadership looking like in other organisations in 2012?
• What can we learn from models of leadership behaviour in general – and those successful organisations in particular?
• What are the components of effective leadership?
• How are contemporary organisations handling and overcoming the current climate?
• Models of leadership behaviour: some of the strengths and weaknesses.
• What makes for sustainable leadership in contemporary organisations?
• Leadership in the public sector: what LCC leaders can learn.
• The masterclass will be delivered within 2 – 3 hours sessions. It is envisaged that, in the first instance, up to four sessions will be required over a 12 month period.
• The sessions will take place at Leicester City Council premises.
• It is expected that each session will be delivered to an audience of up to 30 participants.
• It is essential that the presentation is delivered in plain English.
• It would be desirable for the presenter to have experience of delivering within the public sector.
• Delivery needs to be pitched at a strategic level appropriate for second and third tier managers from a diverse range of local authority service areas.
• If the event is accompanied by supporting materials and/or a delegate handbook printing can be managed by Leicester City Council, if negotiated.
• Any materials should also be provided electronically so that they can be posted on the City Learning resource site to be used for internal purposes only.
WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS SHOULD
• Set out a suggested outline for the session.
• Have sufficient detail to illustrate the provider’s approach.
• Include design and delivery costs.
• Indicate estimated travel and accommodation expenses.
• Include a short profile of the presenter(s) who will be delivering the masterclass.
The target group for the Masterclass are Divisional Directors, Heads of Service and Senior Service Managers.
|Contract Type||One off|
|Procurement Process||Expressions of Interest|
|Estimated ValueText Description|
|Category||Training & Conferences,|
|Suitable for SME||YES|
Document Available Until
Submission Return By
Leicester City Council
New Walk Centre,
LEICESTER LE1 6ZG