Rochdale Metropolitan Borough Council
- RMBC is re-opening the Approved List of support and care providers for adults (aged 18+ ) with learning disabilities and is inviting organisations to apply to be included. If you are applying for the first time there is some additional information below.
- Learning Disability Service Providers Approved List
- RMBC is re-opening the Approved List of support and care providers for adults (aged 18+ ) with learning disabilities and is inviting organisations to apply to be included. If you are applying for the first time there is some additional information below
If you applied and were successful last time then you do not need to re-apply for the lots for which you have already been successful.
If however you want to be considered for other Lots for which you did not apply last time or that you were unsuccessful last time then you need to notify me so that I can invite you to re-apply for this opportunity.
Current providers of Learning Disability Services in Rochdale who are not yet registered on out Approved list MUST do this now
It is anticipated that the list will be used:-
· To allocate new business for LD services where RMBC is commissioning the work. (The Council will still reserve the right to tender work outside the list if needed)
· To allocate business where people have chosen to have a Managed Budget
· To arrange emergency placements
· To deliver current business
· To communicate a list of providers to clients choosing a Cash Budget, for them to use if they choose.
The Approved List of Providers will provide details of services that can be offered by providers with costs. This will be made available to service users, carers, commissioners and other interested parties when using personal budgets, deciding on placements and setting up care packages.
Once compiled, the Approved list held by RMBC will be regularly updated, making it comprehensive and current at all times. New applications to join the list will be possible when the list is open and we aim to keep the Approved List open at most times . The accreditation of any new submissions will take place as applications are received.
The Approved List of Care and Support providers for Adults with Learning Disabilities will assist RMBC to meet the personalization agenda in offering a wider choice to our service users, having transparency of costs and meeting diverse needs. Applications are hence sought from Providers with ability and experience in providing care and support to adults with learning disabilities through a range of approaches.
We are seeking to include a range of providers who are interested in providing services to Adults with a Learning Disability and these will range from :-
· Community Support Services, including support with training and employment, Inclusion, advice and information, user led provision, social networking, early prevention services
· Front Door Services and Enablement, including assessment, Crisis intervention and emergency provision, respite and re-enablement provision
· On going Support, including services to encourage skills development, Supported Living, Homecare and Outreach support, Residential provision and provision for clients with more specific needs, for example, Autism, Challenging Behaviour, Profound Learning Disabilities
Recent consultation with Families and Carers through the Learning Disability Partnership Board have highlighted the areas as important to them these are contained in the document entitled ‘Service User Market Development Ideas’. We would welcome applications from providers who are able to respond to these ideas.
Further information can be obtained by expressing you interest in this project and downloading the documents published on the Chest.
- Miss Zoe Byrne
- Email Address:
- Number One Riverside
- 07/05/2013 14:40
- 27/05/2013 16:00
- 36 (months)
- 24 (months)
|Attached/Link Name||Size||Date Uploaded|
|Service User Market Development Ideas.docx||17kb||10/05/2013|