Legionella Control Measures Berkshire 2014-2018
The aim is to establish a Service Level Agreement with a single preferred service provider for the provision of legionella control measures across Sovereign’s residential and non-residential property portfolio.
United Kingdom-Newbury: Water installations
Section I: Contracting authority
Sovereign Housing Association Ltd
Woodlands, 90 Bartholomew Street, Berkshire
Contact point(s): Procurement
For the attention of: Mark Jarrett, Senior Procurement Category Manager (Property Services)
RG14 5EE Newbury
Telephone: +44 1635275137
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.sovereign.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.mytenders.org/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA5884
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: yes
Sovereign Development Consortium members
Sovereign Procurement Consortium members
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: South & South-West of England.
NUTS code UK
Duration of the framework agreement
Duration in years: 4
Estimated total value of purchases for the entire duration of the framework agreement
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 800 000 and 2 000 000 GBP
A core requirement is the ability to deliver a high quality service that will deliver the highest standards of health & safety at a ‘best value’ price.
Having existing alliances with a number of key RSL and local authority partners across the South & South-West of England, access to the framework will also be available to fellow members of the Sovereign Development Consortium & Sovereign Procurement Consortium.
39370000, 31161400, 42161000, 09321000
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 800 000 and 2 000 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established.
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years.
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(6) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided.
(7) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures.
(8) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities.
(9) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(10) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(11) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(12) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Section IV: Procedure
Objective criteria for choosing the limited number of candidates: All service providers registering an interest will be issued with a suite of PQQ Documents and invited to complete and submit a pre-qualification questionnaire comprising of both threshold and scorable questions. Further details of the procurement package, and full details of the assessment and selection process, will be included within the suite of documents.
Section VI: Complementary information
— Sovereign Housing Association,
— Sovereign Development Consortium members,
— Sovereign Procurement Consortium members,
— and all future potential members, which should be considered to include any social landlord, or group of social landlords, within the operational area serviced by these consortia; the full details of which can be made available to those submitting a request for further information, or a request to participate in the procurement process. In addition, Sovereign is undertaking a programme of measured expansion in the form of development and stock acquisition. Any further requirements emanating from these additional assets that is within the scope of this framework will be allocated to the provider, subject to their satisfactory performance.
It is proposed that our Partnering Proposal Document and the detailed submissions provided by the successful service provider will be combined to form the basis of a Service Level Agreement. This SLA shall become the formal arrangement between Sovereign (and their collaborative purchasing/procurement partners) and the selected service provider.
The aim of this agreement will be to record the detail of the partnering arrangement between the identified companies, the shared understandings, and to provide a structured framework for documenting further improvements in the service to the mutual benefit of all participating organisations.
The intention is that the Service Level Agreement shall be regularly reviewed and updated, evolving by agreement to reflect the intentions of the parties.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:9.1.2014