UK-Paisley: water-treatment work
Water management – Legionella prevention tender.
Section I: Contracting authority
Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street
For the attention of: Stephen Paton
PA1 1JB Paisley
Telephone: +44 14184235334
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.renfrewshire.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00400
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Renfrewshire.
NUTS code UKM35
Note: to register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=217321.
45232430, 45332200, 45259100, 65130000, 90733000
A central requirement of the CLM is to ensure that Council properties, facilities and assets are properly maintained in a manner that complies with statutory legislation and that the appropriate records are retained.
The Council has identified a requirement to appoint a contractor to carry out remedial works as identified, to Council properties, to reduce and/or control Legionella.
The procurement is for a discrete contract for a period of 24 months commencing in April 2012.
Renfrewshire Council requires a suitable contractor to act on its behalf to attend to and carry out alterations to existing Hot and Cold Water systems throughout the Renfrewshire Council’s property portfolio.
Renfrewshire Council’s estate is currently split into two parts; Housing and Non-housing. The successful contractor shall ensure that the invoicing and reporting be kept as two individual entities.
The successful contractor shall have access to an electronic database from which they will recover instructions, attend and carry out works, complete the works and “Close off” the electronic instruction and subsequently invoice for the works.
The “Closing Off” of each works instruction is an integral part of Renfrewshire Councils Water Management Programme and the successful contractor shall be expected to adhere to the ongoing policy rigidly.
The contractor shall ensure that they have a suitable computer and adequate internet access and provide a member(s) of staff who shall be trained in the use of the database.
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 250 000 and 500 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(10) Candidates must provide a statement confirming the tenderers full compliance with the specification and the conditions of contract.
(11) Candidates must provide evidence of VAT registration and certification as to tax liability from HMRC or from the appropriate body relevant to the State in which the candidate is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(5) Candidates will be subject to an Equifax high street credit check and must achieve a score of D or above.
(7) Candidates must provide evidence of a minimum annual turnover of 760 000 GBP.
(8) Candidates must provide evidence of Employers Liability Insurance to a minimum limit of 10 000 000 GBP and 3rd party / products libility to a minimum indemnity limit of 5 000 000 GBP. If candidates do not currently hold this level of cover, they may provide a statement confirming that they will arrange additional cover subject to success with the tender process. It is a condition of contract that this minimum indemnity level be held for the duration of the contract period.
(1) A statement of the candidate’s average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years;
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(5) Samples, descriptions and/or photographs, the authenticity of which must be certified if the contracting authority so requests.
(6) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(7) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the state in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(8) A statement of the candidate’s technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(9) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(10) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(11) A statement of the tools, plant or technical equipment available to the service provider or contractor for carrying out the contract.
(12) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
(13) A statement confirming the candidates full compliance with the specification.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 60
2. Schedule of rates. Weighting 20
3. Quality. Weighting 20
Renfrewshire House, Paisley PA1 1JB.
Persons authorised to be present at the opening of tenders: yes
Additional information about authorised persons and opening procedure: Any person(s) as designated by the Director of Finance & Corporate Services.
Section VI: Complementary information
This tender will be issued electronically through the esourcing Scotland e-tendeing facility and access to the tender document will be issued to all interested parties on or around Wednesday 18.1.2012.
Please note – this is a contract notice seeking expressions of interest only. All those who register an interest will receive the tender documents on or around Wednesday 18.1.2012. No tender documents are available through this portal and will not be published to interested parties before this date.
Expressions of interest will be accepted up to and including Tuesdye 14th February. Any expressions of interest received after this date will not be considered in the event that an interested party fails to receive the tender documentation within 48 hours of this, they should contact the Council on the following number _44 1418425334 (SC Ref:217321).
The notification to an unsuccessful tenderers will include;
The contract award criteria;
Where appropriate, the score the tenderer obtained against those award criteria;
Where appropriate the score the winning tenderer obtained; and.
The name of the winning tenderer. Tenderers must note the Council reserves the right to provide to every tenderer a list of all who tendered and where appropriate, the scores each tenderer obtained against the award criteria. At the end of the mandatory standstill period, provided that no legal challenges have been made, the council will issue a letter of acceptance to the winning tenderer and will confirm to all other tenderers that their bids have been unsuccessful.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:5.1.2012