Lift Maintenance Services Edinburgh
Lift and Escalator Engineering – Planned and Reactive Maintenance 2014-2018: Re-issue.
United Kingdom-Edinburgh: Lift-maintenance services
Section I: Contracting authority
The City of Edinburgh Council
Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street
Contact point(s): Corporate Governance
For the attention of: Bill Menzies
EH8 8BG Edinburgh
Telephone: +44 1312002323
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk
Electronic access to information: www.edin-tend.co.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: www.edin-tend.co.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Section II: Object of the contract
Service category No 1: Maintenance and repair services
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Within The City of Edinburgh Council Boundary.
NUTS code UK
The Contractors shall provide all necessary all-inclusive services to carry out the services let under this contract.
The existing lift monitoring/communication system for all Council housing properties will be made available and be used by the successful contractors.
The services will generally comprise of:
— Carrying out planned maintenance and manage testing and inspection work needed on lifts and escalators.
— Managing and carrying out a 24/7 reactive maintenance service to lift and escalator installations with attendance times ranging from one (1) hour to five (5) working days.
Contractors wishing to apply for this contract must be Members of the Lift and Escalators Industry Association.
The contract will be awarded for a 2 year period with the option of 2 further one-year extensions subject to satisfactory performance.
50750000, 50740000, 42416000, 42416400
The services are to the City of Edinburgh Council property list which has a wide spectrum of properties which includes, but not limited to, schools, libraries, care homes, offices, multi storey and medium rise housing.
It should be noted that the volume and value of projects instructed under this contract are indicative of historical work programmes and cannot be guaranteed. No claim for loss of profit, direct or indirect disruption costs or loss/expense will be considered where the volume and value of the services instructed under this contract varies from those stated.
Estimated value excluding VAT: 3 500 000 GBP
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
(1) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(2) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(3) Certificates drawn up by official quality control institutes or agencies of recognised competence attesting the conformity of products clearly identified by references to specifications or standards.
(4) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(5) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(6) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
Section IV: Procedure
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated below
1. Price. Weighting 60
2. Quality. Weighting 40
Other previous publications
Notice number in the OJEU: 2012/S 202-332392 of 19.10.2012
The City of Edinburgh Council, Waverley Court, East Market Street, Edinburgh
Section VI: Complementary information
Tender documentation will be available for download from www.edin-tend.co.uk
The process shall seek to identify those organisations offering the services that are considered to be the most economically advantageous to the Council (40 % quality/60 % price).
Subject to the contracting authority’s obligations under law the contracting authority undertakes to use its best endeavours to hold confidential any information provided by the applicants during this selection process. If the applicant considers that any of the information submitted is sensitive and should not be disclosed to third parties then this should be stated in writing at the time of submission. In the event that a formal request is received for disclosure of information during or after the selection process and the information sought has been identified by the applicant as sensitive, then the contracting authority will consider its obligations under law and consult with the applicant before responding to such a request.
VI.5)Date of dispatch of this notice:27.11.2013