Listed Building Works London
Pitzhanger Manor is Grade I listed, and of local, national and international significance. The vision is to reveal and restore this remarkable historic villa in its original landscape.
- London Borough of Ealing
- Pitzhanger Manor and Gallery Restoration
- Pitzhanger Manor is Grade I listed, and of local, national and international significance. The vision is to reveal and restore this remarkable historic villa in its original landscape.
This project will restore Soane’s Manor and its landscaped setting to its Regency splendour, while enhancing the supporting role of the Gallery and improving visitor facilities with a new café/event space in the walled garden.
The Manor will be sensitively restored, and important heritage features will be reinstated.
Key objectives include:
• Restore Soane’s Manor, re-instate the conservatory, roof lights, and rooms.
• Remove the Victorian infill to reveal and restore Soane’s north elevation
• Restore the George Dance wing and remove the 20th century Eating Room extension and porch
• Re-create the Soane portico to link the Manor to the Gallery
• Repair and enhance the Gallery through improved exhibition space, a new entrance foyer, shop, and community and learning resource
• Restore the Lodge for volunteer facilities/workshops space
• Provide new café/garden room in the walled garden
• Create a high quality visitor experience and facilities for learning and participation
- Mr Jonathan Kirby
- Email Address:
- Ealing Council
1st Floor, Perceval House, 14/16 Uxbridge Road
- 23/10/2014 11:00
- 05/12/2014 16:00
- 24 (months)
- 0 (months)