London Borough of Redbridge – Attitudes to Extremism in Redbridge and Greenwich
- The Authority’s Safer Communities Partnership has received funding from the Home Office to the value of £37,565 to commission the Contract to commission research across the London Borough of Redbridge and the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
- The Provision of Research into Attitudes to Extremism and Experiences of Communities in the London Borough of Redbridge and Royal Borough of Greenwich.
- The Authority’s Safer Communities Partnership has received funding from the Home Office to the value of £37,565 to commission the Contract to commission research across the London Borough of Redbridge and the Royal Borough of Greenwich. The research will explore experiences of and attitudes to extremism across the two authorities. The appointed provider shall have an advanced understanding of the Government’s Prevent Strategy.
The key objectives of the Government’s Prevent Strategy are:
1) Responding to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat faced from those who promote it;
2) Prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure that they are given appropriate advice and support; and
3) Work with sectors and institutions where there are risks of radicalisation which need to be addressed.
The Contract aims to provide a mechanism by which a cohort of young people can use their social networks to become gateways into the local community. The Service shall enable the young people to calm volatile situations and rises in community tension as well as bringing extremist debates out into open forums to allow effective challenge and counter narratives to be given.
- Mr Stephen Moon
- Email Address:
- +44 208 708 3143
- +44 208 708 3716
- 5th Floor Rear, Lynton House
255-259 High Road
- 16/07/2013 15:00
- 02/08/2013 20:00
- 7 (months)
- 0 (months)
Research Contract –
|Attached/Link Name||Size||Date Uploaded|
|x Final Advert 16.07.13.pdf||513kb||16/07/2013|